• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Buns Wont Eat Hay!

wee Jimmys mum

Warren Scout
its all about the pellets!

Jimmy has never been fond of hay. Lola used to eat it, but now that they live together Jimmy seems to have taught her that its minging

is it vital for them to eat, and do you have any alternatives or suggestions?

thanks! x

Hi there

Do they eat lots of grass?

I would cut down the pellets, should only have an egg cupful amount each, per day.

Also what kind of hay have you got at the moment?

We buy timothy hay from warren willow, and also buy burn greens oat hay from the hay experts (both online). If you go to The Hay Experts website you can order a selection pack of hay, so you can try all the hays before you buy and waste a big bag of it.

I also sprinkle plantain, and dried herbs onto Biscuit hay. She has hay in her litter tray so she munches while doing her business.

Hay is very important, should be 90% of their diet.

Hiya, nope they dont get any grass. We live in the top floor of a city flat, so theres no clean grass around us. they get little bits of fruit and veg each day, and i put hay in for them they just ignore it tho. they get a handful of pellets to share in the evening, sometimes in the morning too.

thanks for the advice about the hay . . . the stuff they have at the moment is from PAH and it looks really boring bog standard stuff tbh. my bf bought it bless him :lol:

Hiya, nope they dont get any grass. We live in the top floor of a city flat, so theres no clean grass around us. they get little bits of fruit and veg each day, and i put hay in for them they just ignore it tho. they get a handful of pellets to share in the evening, sometimes in the morning too.

thanks for the advice about the hay . . . the stuff they have at the moment is from PAH and it looks really boring bog standard stuff tbh. my bf bought it bless him :lol:

No probs, putting it in the litter tray will probably be my best advice.

My bunny never sees grass either, she takes residents in our spare room.

Bless him, tell him to try harder :lol:

http://www.willowwarren.co.uk/ - postage is very pricey be warned, lovely hay though, I get the medium box deal.

http://www.dustfreehay.co.uk/ - others on here get theirs from here.

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hays,+Grasses+%2526+Herbs.4/?osCsid=pgrvln28crst1id528o9p6isf1

My 2 love the Excel herbage hay. They were fussy but they can't get enough of that. And they also love the hay cookies to. Thay have the excel herbage adlib and a handful of excel forage daily and they get a hay cookie every few days.

Hiya thanks for all the info, so much choice dont know where to start!

think we're gonna try the taster pack, to see what my fussy buns like before spending a lot of cash

we will look into growing grass too, cos that could work out really economical

thanks again guys xx

Back