• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Budgie! U/D

LilVicky

Warren Veteran
I have two budgies; Milly and Charlie.
Milly is full blue and i got her from a friend whos budgie had chicks.
Charlie is blue and white, i got him from a petshop so that milly had a friend.
Photo:

P2210087edit-1.jpg

Last month i gave them a nestbox to see if she had any interest.
A few days later i got my first egg 25th June 2009. And then 6 more followed but one egg was found broken so that took the number down from 7 to 6.
Photo:

110709001.jpg

And look what i found yesturday.. and Tiny, Pink Squeeking machine! :lol:
This little chick was hatched 14th July 2009.
And i hope a few more join it. :wave:
Photo:

150709croped.jpg

Vicky, x :love:

Last edited:
Ooooooohhhh I'm so exited!!!!

Martyn's Mum has a yellow/green male budge called Joey. He's crazy and spoilt, but ace. Was looking forward to looking after him while Mandy & Paul went on holiday, but she's taking him to the budgie hotel instead :(

Ooooooohhhh I'm so exited!!!!

Martyn's Mum has a yellow/green male budge called Joey. He's crazy and spoilt, but ace. Was looking forward to looking after him while Mandy & Paul went on holiday, but she's taking him to the budgie hotel instead :(

Aww, its good fun looking after them especially when they are tame :wave:
Maybe ask her if you could? would save her money? ;)

Aww, its good fun looking after them especially when they are tame :wave:
Maybe ask her if you could? would save her money? ;)

He hates black things and our living room is red black & white, so he'd just be angry all the time :shock::shock:
He won't come to us if we're wearing black, even black nail polish!
Yes, he appears to be a racist budgie... :oops: :lol:

He hates black things and our living room is red black & white, so he'd just be angry all the time :shock::shock:
He won't come to us if we're wearing black, even black nail polish!
Yes, he appears to be a racist budgie... :oops: :lol:

oh my haha!!
Strange budgie :lol: They are all different though :D thats why i love them :love:

do they not make a nest or anything? wont they get cold?

(i know nothing about birds, what so ever lol)

They are lovely, there like a little family :love:

do they not make a nest or anything? wont they get cold?

(i know nothing about birds, what so ever lol)

They are lovely, there like a little family :love:

Budgies dont like the stuff for nexting your meant to put sawdust in there with them, i didnt no this and i dont want to disturb them and stop them going in there if theres something new in there (sawdust)
They wont get cold because milly sits on them alll the time haha, she pops out now and then but she also has to incubate the eggs aswell as keeping the chicks warm :wave:
And the dad feeds them all, even milly :lol:
He is doing a good job. :love:

Budgies dont like the stuff for nexting your meant to put sawdust in there with them, i didnt no this and i dont want to disturb them and stop them going in there if theres something new in there (sawdust)
They wont get cold because milly sits on them alll the time haha, she pops out now and then but she also has to incubate the eggs aswell as keeping the chicks warm :wave:
And the dad feeds them all, even milly :lol:
He is doing a good job. :love:

awwww wow :) that sounds so cute! proper family dad! :lol:

I adore budgies - I love how they chatter and kiss each other and I love their little faces, I would love a talking one!

Aaw, how lovely! I have an aviary of about 25 and I've bred them a couple of years (stopped this year because it got toooo stressful, lol). The babies are so lovely! They look like little pink jellybeans ^_^ I love seeing what colours they turn out.
Looks like you have some healthy looking chickies there.
One thing to watch out for though is splayed legs. If there's no sawdust in the nest (or an indentation; doesn't look like yours has one but I can't tell from the pictures) the little babies legs can slip all over the place and stick out in funny angles. One of the pictures you posted above looked like one of the babies could be slipping a bit, though in the photos when you're holding them they look fine so I wouldn't worry just yet. It's easy enough to fix, anyway. Just something to watch out for if you haven't bred them before (If you have I'm sorry for the ramble XD)

Looking forward to seeing more of your babies! :)

Aaw, how lovely! I have an aviary of about 25 and I've bred them a couple of years (stopped this year because it got toooo stressful, lol). The babies are so lovely! They look like little pink jellybeans ^_^ I love seeing what colours they turn out.
Looks like you have some healthy looking chickies there.
One thing to watch out for though is splayed legs. If there's no sawdust in the nest (or an indentation; doesn't look like yours has one but I can't tell from the pictures) the little babies legs can slip all over the place and stick out in funny angles. One of the pictures you posted above looked like one of the babies could be slipping a bit, though in the photos when you're holding them they look fine so I wouldn't worry just yet. It's easy enough to fix, anyway. Just something to watch out for if you haven't bred them before (If you have I'm sorry for the ramble XD)

Looking forward to seeing more of your babies! :)

i havent bred before, thanks for the warning, im going to keep an eye out :wave:

Well, I won't say the babies are cute, but the parents are adorable! :lol:

haha, i know but it makes you go 'aww' just because they are small and ugly :lol::lol::lol:

The babies are doing great! dad is feeding them very well but i dont think the other 4 eggs will come to anything, afterall it is their first lot :love:
and i think two is fantastic for the first clutch. :wave:

:D

Aaah, I think they're adorable. Though I suppose it is in an ugly-cute sort of way... Just wait till they start getting proper feathers, they'll look even worse :lol:

This is one of mine, advertising the Cirque du Soleil XD His name is Oscar (The picture is just over a year old so he's a big birdie now ^_^ He looks like your Milly but.. male, lol)
babybudgie.jpg

Last edited:
Back