• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Important announcement from Simplyk9

Status
Not open for further replies.

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
This is on the Company willing to listen thread, but I think it warrents its own thread!!

You guys will be sick of me!!

I have to say I am rather excited by these announcements

Hi all - here is the annoucement I hinted at :)

Firstly, the stock shortage is nearly at an end. There ARE certain products that we won't be stocking due to the price.

Food WILL be back soon. Hays and grasses are about to be ramped up and we have a great new range of toys and treats etc...

We have spent a long time sourcing the products and my apologies for the length of time it has taken.

Everything should be in place within the next 3 weeks!

Now... As I am sure you have worked out, that will take us outside the current 25% discount offer that runs until the end of July (enter JULYOFFER in the discount coupon box on checkout).

I have a solution :D

I have been given the go ahead to offer RU forum members a PERMANENT discount via a customised coupon code. I suggest RUDISCOUNT may be a good code to use?? This code will never expire. It can be used as many times as you like. There are NO restrictions on product type. There is NO minimum order quantity.

It is just genuinely a way of saying thank you for all the help we have had from you and the loyalty you have shown even when we have had some flaky periods!

Now, on to the discount amount! Here is where I am going to throw this open to discussion! I have been authorised to give a 25% permanent discount and, if you all feel this is the way to go then so be it.

However...

I have had an idea :D

How about we take a portion of the discount and donate it to your favourite rabbit rehoming/rescue organisations?
I would like to know your thoughts please on the amounts - perhaps we could offer you a 20% discount with 5% going to the rescue org? What do you think?

Maybe we should pick 10 or 20 different rescue orgs - all suggested by forum members on here of course and, when you checkout, you can choose from one of them to donate your percentage to?

Thoughts on this please folks would be MOST appreciated :

1. Is it a good idea to donate some of the discount or would you prefer the whole 25% for yourself?

2. If you think the donation idea is a good one, what should the percentage split be - remember I have a max of 25% to work with.

3. Do you have any thoughts on how we should compile the list of rescue orgs (you folks are the experts after all) ?

Underlined bits ar to highlight the important bits, so you can skim

what a fab idea, i can't wait to shop here! i will be buying things for my cats and dogs aswell.
I think the 20% discount, and 5% to a bunny charity is a great idea!

I'd be happy with 10%/10% but I'd prefer it go to my local RSPCA-approved rescue (Bath Cats & Dogs Home, they don't get any of the RSPCA's actual funds so have to rely on raising their own donations) or to get the full discount and I'd make a seperate donation to them :oops:

I think thats a great idea about the discount and the donation to a rabbit charity. I will certainly be ordering things off their website most months as I think they have some great things.

wow thats really impressive. i would deffo order stuff from them if money went to rabbit charities (hopper haven on the list would be great :p)

Surely the list of rescues is going to be like, massive if we all suggest rescues. Surely any rescue getting it is better than nothing :? Anyway, if its being done this way, i will obviously suggest Walsall RSPCA as thats who i foster for :) xXx

I can't find the original thread!! :( What a FANTASTIC idea, Simon!!! You are such a nice man!!!

I would be more than happy with that!! My rescue suggestion would be Rescue Remedies (cos i volunteer for them! :lol:) but they are dogs, if it had to be a bunny rescue, i would vote for Pink Paws or Starlights cos they were both super-nice to me when my girl bun Fern went to the bridge

What a lovely gesture, I would be super happy for some donation to go to a rescue:D my vote goes to starlights

Can I chuck Southampton Rabbit rescue into the consideration pot please?

Sounds fantastic...have not really looked at the website but think I'll be ordering a bit from there now on :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back