• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Left out bunny?/People with bigish groups of buns please

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
I'm starting to feel concerned about Phoebe. My 2 indoor rabbits moved outside into the shed and enclosed run, and I do admit its a happier scenario for everyone, though I do miss having indoor buns :(
The past few times ive been out to sit with the bunnys my other 3 seem to ignore phoebe, and never snuggle up with him, and he will tend to go lie by himself. During meal times he will favour taking veggies/fruit away into a corner and sitting by himself rather than with the group
Today i sat crying because Holli,Fletcher and Ella sat cuddled up and Phoebe was lying alone in the litter box and he looked all lonley and so sad, I lay down with him and he lay grooming my hand till he fell asleep
I feel so so sorry for my poor little man. Do i seperate him and risk him being a single indoor rabbit or leave him in with the other 3? Does anyone else have a bunny thats "left out"?

sarah j had this adn re seperated back into 2 pairs which works for her particular bunnys.. see how it goes... (how long ahs it been going on for?) how about setting up a camera to see if its jsut teh occasionas you have seen or all the time that this is going on? a bunny cctv style! then at least you wil lconfirm or rule out what is going on? x

To be honest, I've never seen a quad work, all those I know of eventually were separated by owners or fought and divorced themselves.

I have Hope. He is bonded with Sunny and Dawn. Hope was born with me and right from the word go was a loner bun. When everyone else was sleeping, he was eating, when they were eating, he was sleeping, etc. Now, it's completely the same. He is different from them and always seems detached, but equally, he seems happy.

Has Phoebe's behaviour changed since being in the group? what did he used to be like? Who was he bonded with?

He was bonded with Holli (whos part of the quad) and the late Piper. I personally think Phoebe took Pipers death quite badly, they were very rarily apart and he become a loner bun since then - more quiet and reserved rather than the sparky happy little guy he used to be :(

Well he'll go over have a sniff of them and theyll sniff him and groom him but its never reipticated. They never snuggle or anything he just lies by himself. I feel so sorry for my poor little guy

If they are grooming him then maybe this is his choice.

Or maybe he is ill and feeling rough? Is that a possibility?

Things like this are always a risk when bonding established pairs, and we all know it, but it doesn't make it any easier to see, or figure out what is best to do.

Back