• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Little Petal - Chinese Hamster

devoted2buns

Mama Doe
Went into pets at home with my o/h to buy poo bags and some treats, came out with Petal, a female chinese hamster. She is so lovely and gorgeous.

010.jpg

Awww I love her! I was tempted by a chinese hamster the other week but resisted. What is her home like? Will she need a friend?

Asking to help me decide whether or not to get one!:lol:

Shes lovely ive got a syrian hamster called Dougal who is the grumpiest creature alive and no way would he sit on my hand like that! But shes beautiful :love:

Awww I love her! I was tempted by a chinese hamster the other week but resisted. What is her home like? Will she need a friend?

Asking to help me decide whether or not to get one!:lol:

Females have to live alone otherwise they will kill each other, they rip out their intestines apparently :shock: Males can live together fine though but they didnt have any so we just had her. We had to pick her home with no bars because she could get through it. We are taking it back though because her water bottle leaks!

Gorgeous :love:

just thought I'd mention males shouldn't really live together, some can but they can be very aggressive towards each other like females. Also she may not like being put in a ball, some chinese hams hate them and some get freaked out when put in them so just keep an eye one her :)

she's lovely! what a pretty face!

i'm on a long-term hamster quest. about four years ago my special hamster, fluffy, died. she was big (as long as my hand), had very long hair and a very sweet nature. she was orange-ish. her mother was even bigger, a scary-looking black long-haired hammie. as well as being totally beautiful, fluffy was the friendliest, most characterful hamster i've ever had.

she had a pretty face, too. :D

Back