• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back from the vets - Its not good:(

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
:cry: Just got back from the vets with Mopsy.

The vets have been having meetings about her because she is such a mystery.

Today when they saw her they agreed that she is much, much worse and its obviously now affecting her quality of life.

The vet says she thinks its time to say goodbye.:cry: She then said as a last resort we could try some medicine that will stop her weeing so much. I can't remember what its called I'm too upset but it comes in eye drop form. The vet didnt hold out much hope of it being successful but I have to try.

I can't stop :cry: I love her so much. I feel sad for Mopsy, sad for Peter who has just found love and sad for me.:cry:

June2009025.jpg

Poor Mopsy, I'm so sorry it wasn't better news today. :(:( Keeping everything crossed that the new drug works.

I think I must have missed Mopsy's story.

Is she incontinent (peeing on herself and getting a very sore bum) or does she just pee a lot?

Was the medicine Propalin?

I'm so sorry, i just had to make the decision to put my bun jelly bean down 2 weeks ago, i like you had the option of another drug, but in Jelly Bean's case it just wasn't fair to make him go through it anymore. I hope ur bun improves and you dont have to make the decision that i did. Eveything, fingers toes and paws are all crossed here, down under for you.

I'm so sorry it wasn't better news for you for Mopsy :cry: Fingers crossed the new drug works. Sending lots of vibes & snuggles for your beautiful girl xxx

did it transpire to be di caused by a pituitary problem? sorry to ask again. if so, has desmopressin been tried? i don't know how i coped at all before i was prescribed that and speaking from a mere human point of view, the other effects of a pituitary disorder are vast - simple things such as electrolyte imbalance/salt levels can give rise to feeling very very ill:(

i'll carry on reading mopsy's threads rather than ask any more dim questions...... x

Thanks to Helen, The Duchess, I have just spoken to a lovely vet on the phone. She has suggested that diabetes insipidus is likely and that if this is the case then the drops should work almost straight away and make her feel a lot better. Fingers crossed.

She has suggested that I give the drops a week and if there is no improvement make an appointment with another more bunny savvy vet.

I have also learnt today that despite being the runt of the litter she is the only surviving litter mate.:( Strongly suggests a genetic cause.

Back