• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anybody any spare vibes for Artie (now eating again) More poops :)

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
He has eaten some Excel overnight and was alright yesterday evening but he looks uncomfortable this morning and has refused everything I've offered him, he has though come to cuddle my feet

The scary bit though - FHB is on holiday, Ruth her bunny vet colleague isn't in today, so I either dash to open surgery (before 10am) with a vet that scruffs rabbits and really upset Artie last time. (I don't want him admitted.. tries to stay calm - the nurses will be looking after him). No more appointments until 5pm there :shock:

Or take him to local vets for metaclop and metacam jab, he probably won't be xrayed or admitted.

I've just examined his back end and he's all messed up - looks like he might have belly ache.

Oh God, these are circumstances I've been dreading. I really don't know where to take him :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Looks like I'm going to have to rush to Harrogate - the local vets on offer are ....

Oh *** I wish I had more time to think this one over :cry::cry::cry:

I need to set off in 5 mins to get to Harrogate :cry::cry:

EDIT TO ADD: It's the Great Yorkshire Show. Harrogate is a no-go area. It will take at least 2 hours to get to the vets. I just can't get him there :censored:

Last edited:
Oh gosh, it sounds like you have to choose the lesser of two evils really. :( Sending lots of vibes for Artie. xxx Let us know later how you get on.

EDIT TO ADD: It's the Great Yorkshire Show. Harrogate is a no-go area. It will take at least 2 hours to get to the vets. I just can't get him there :censored:

:shock: :(:(

Are there any other vets locally Alison? Otherwise (and it's not the best solution by a long shot I know) the rubbish local vet will at least give him some painkillers to keep him going until you can decide what's best to do.

:shock: :(:(

Are there any other vets locally Alison? Otherwise (and it's not the best solution by a long shot I know) the rubbish local vet will at least give him some painkillers to keep him going until you can decide what's best to do.

I have some metacam. Frances has talked about giving Rudy metacam when he has bloat (she did say that she could supply me with metacam and metaclopramide for him and taught me how to do basic checks on him). Sadly I didn't follow it through as I said I'd be too scared to treat him myself, I'd rather get him admitted. Same applies to Artie ... but for the circumstances. I really wished I'd followed this through so I had plan B.

I daren't risk a vets practice I don't even know. The vets locally are okay (one or two I avoid), it's just when you're used to 'the best' you get choosy :oops:. Ian's my first choice and not available. (I wish these vets would co-ordinate their diaries more!) Carla's on later, she's my best bet.

*better make an appointment then*.

Last edited:
It sounds like we are on skeletal staff at local vets too (I bet a lot of them are working at the GYS as it's a farm animals vets also).

Carla isn't actually on til 5 but is squeezing us in at 2pm (she answered the phone - vets answering the phone :shock:) So at least I got a quick consult. She would prefer he doesn't have any metacam until seen, but if he deteriorates to get back to them.

Poor lad :cry:

Try to get some fluids into him

Is his bum mucky from poo or wee?
If the latter it may be a recurrence of his bladder problem

Sending lots of vibes for him

xx

Poor lad :cry:

Try to get some fluids into him

Is his bum mucky from poo or wee?
If the latter it may be a recurrence of his bladder problem

Sending lots of vibes for him

xx

Thanks

Poo. Very runny. There isn't loads of it about the place though. The skin on his neck bounces back so I *don't think* he's dehydrated at the moment, though this is my biggest worry. He won't even eat a raisin this time, he has managed that the previous times he's been like this. He did come to snuggle my feet though so I'm hoping he's not in loads of pain.

*goes for for dandelions and raspberry leaves just in case*.

The heat pad's about to go in the microwave and I'm organising some cooled boiled water.

Jane, advice please...

How much water should I attempt to get into him in one go? and how often?

I've got a 10ml syringe with tepid water in it, I'll give it a go but he gets very angry with this kind of thing when he's not well, so I don't want to get it wrong :oops:

i know im not Jane, but i asked the vet how much water/recovery they was getting into Alvin at the weekend and she said they was giving between 10-15ml every hour to hour and a half.. and he fought them every step of the way. really hope you can get him eating hun xxx

i know im not Jane, but i asked the vet how much water/recovery they was getting into Alvin at the weekend and she said they was giving between 10-15ml every hour to hour and a half.. and he fought them every step of the way. really hope you can get him eating hun xxx

Thanks Donna. 10ml sounds like a lot when he doesn't want it - he's going to love me so much :shock:

I nearly forgot to say thanks for the vibes everyone. :love::love:

Gosh I knew exactly how you feel at the moment, Biccy stopped eating on Sunday and I went into complete panic mode.

Here is what I did:

Heated pad (see you are doing that)
- Made her move around the room, gently pushing her, really important to keep him moving.
- I got 6.5kg (don't know the amount in ml) of metacam into her, as I wasn't medicating on an empty tummy as she had eaten last thing that night.
- 0.5ml of zantac into her
- 1ml of colic drops
- massaged her tummy quite a few times, you have to be quite firm doing it.
- Tempted her to eat by waving fresh herbs and danillions (sp) right under her nose, until she got annoyed and snatched them, then started to eat them.

Good luck

Clare x

Thanks Donna. 10ml sounds like a lot when he doesn't want it - he's going to love me so much :shock:

I nearly forgot to say thanks for the vibes everyone. :love::love:

thats why they admitted Alvin for me, because i was so scared of the syringe feeding :oops: getting more confident now tho, i got almost 8ml of water into him before breakfast because i was so sure he wasnt eating :oops:

i only have a 5ml syringe too so i have to let him go to make a refill then recatch him

good luck hun xxxx

It sounds like we are on skeletal staff at local vets too (I bet a lot of them are working at the GYS as it's a farm animals vets also).

Carla isn't actually on til 5 but is squeezing us in at 2pm (she answered the phone - vets answering the phone :shock:) So at least I got a quick consult. She would prefer he doesn't have any metacam until seen, but if he deteriorates to get back to them.

Get some metacam (pain relief) into him, if he has belly ache he isn't going to eat anything and 2pm is a long time to wait.

Back