• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you seperate at feeding times

eco mum

Young Bun
My two bunnys are quite greedy if you let them be. My question is do you seperate your bunnies at feeding time or do you just let them get on with it.

Last edited:
My two bunnys are quite greedy if you let them be. My question is do you seperate your bunnies at feeding time or do you just let them get on with it.

Let them get on with it but keep an eye out, our girl is a bit piggier and snatches food out of her husbun's mouth so we just top him up when he's having his daily brush by hand feeding if need be or at another time when she is fast asleep in the other room! :lol:
You may find it helpful to split stuff into two bowls at separate ends of the cage - but my experience is that they enjoy dining together. :)

leave them at it but if you find in a few months time one is getting a bit fat for stealing the others food, you may have to feed them at diff ends.

I don't split my 2 up but then they are both pigs and will scoff their pellets down in minutes.

We either hand feed if were being kind (as its only like 5 pellets each) or normally we just scatter the pellets in and I suppose its a 4-way battle/race for them lol. As they have so little it doesn't really matter if one gets more one day then another the next lol :lol:

I split mine up. Lola likes to munch and take her time whilst Lucy scoffs hers down then heads of to finish Lolas!

We split ours up otherwise poor old man Charlie doesn't get any food as Lavender scoff its all too quick.

I haven't had my 2 buns for long but i found it better to feed them seperately.I wasn't sure who was the problem but the seem happier having their own bowls.

I have a group of three and don't use a feeding bowl, but scatter the pellets around to make them forage a bit. However Fliss tends to want to chase Tim away when the pellets are first put down so now Tim and I have this system whereby when Fliss goes to chase him he shoots up the ramp and i give him a few of his very own:)lol:) which he finishes and then he goes and joins the other two in the pellet hunt downstairs. Oddly enough Fliss doesn't bother when he returns..it's just when I first appear with the pellet box.:roll: Buns..a mystery!!

I feed them together from the same bowl but they only get pellets every few days anyways because of Snowdrops digestive problems so it doesnt matter too much if one eats more than the other. They have hay all day and do well on that alone with a few dried herbs as a treat.

Back