• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sore eyes

Hi, I have just joined today. I need some advice. I have rehomed a 5 week bunny this evening. It has 2 weeping eyes and both eyes have a white circle in the middle. Please can you advise what I should do. Thank-you

Five weeks is far too young to leave his/her mother.

Definitely needs to see a vet fast. :(

The white circle could be an ulcer or even permanent damage. As others said, definitely a vet trip. It will need antibiotic eye ointment at the least.

Hi, is the white circle part of the eye or something on top of the eye - if that makes sense? I have two rabbits that had poorly eyes when they were younger and both needed treatment - eye drops and antibotics. Both of my rabbits are partly blind in that eye.

you really need to get the rabbit to the vet asap. Do you know where the mum is? 5 wks is really to young to be on its own :(

As the others have said a 5 week old Rabbit should still be with his/her Mum :cry:

Please take him/her to a Vet tomorrow morning.

Back