• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When introducing a new veg...

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
How long do you introduce it for?
I normally do one new veg a month but realised that with pellets its only 7-10 days???

How long is recommended?

How long do you introduce it for?
I normally do one new veg a month but realised that with pellets its only 7-10 days???

How long is recommended?

Just as long as caecal passing - so you can see if it causes upsest. This means anything between 24-72 hours to check for digestive upset. It depends on the bun. I expect that if your buns don't eat much hay then their caecal passing may be closer to the 48-72 hours than the 24, so perhaps a new veg every 2-3 days. :D

Thanks, Well Its only Fudge that doesnt eat hay so i normally take longer with her just incase :)
With the others they take half the time Fudge takes to get a new veg! I can give them a new veg tomorrow then :D They just got used to yellow pepper Last week :D

Oh i never see any caecals? They always eat them up, so never see them :) Is that a good thing then? Im thinking yeh?

Last edited:
Back