• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you buy.....

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
...Bales of hay and straw online?

Im struggling to find a farm that sells the non-round bales of hay and straw :(

I have phoned EVERYwhere today and nothing, they dont sell them at all! Even riding stables etc.

So is there anywhere online, cheap enough that i can buy a few bales of hay and straw?

Help :lol::lol:

Have you looked in your local yellow pages under horse feed suppliers? Or ask at a small stables, like a livery yard as they are more likely to know where you can get bales locally.

I have tried everywhere in the phone book and looked online but nothing :( Its all the large round bales that they sell nothing smaller!

I know of one about 45mins from me but its just getting there thats the problem! i think my best bet is Dust free hay, the only place i will beable to get alot with cheap delivery :)

i can get a bale at the local pet shop,its about £6. where about in fife are you.I have a car and could bring it too you.

shelley

Which pet shop? If its Acorn my bunnies dont like it and i work there :evil::lol:

Its good quality farm hay i need or dust free hay, Im just going to travel over to the farm in Edinburgh today as i need some soon and i will order dust free hay at the weekend :)

Thanks for the offer thought, very thoughtful and kind of you :wave::wave:

Your welcome.It the pet shop in Anstruther called pets pantry.Im not sure where they get it from. I need to ask next time im in.

How about asking at stables/sticking an ad up in horse supply shops to see if someone would sell you a few bags from their round bales?

Your welcome.It the pet shop in Anstruther called pets pantry.Im not sure where they get it from. I need to ask next time im in.

Never been there but might take a trip up :) I love the famous fish and chips :love: Mmmmm so good but takes ages to get in:roll:

Is it bales or bags of hay?

Ive jast been talking to my dad and he knows a farmer and said he will be able to get me free bales of hay when ever i need :D
He just doesnt have any hay just now, hes waiting for his new crop to arrive :)So just need hay to tide me over until then :)

Its a bale,i bought a big container to keep it in outside.I am looking for other places to buy but it doesn't seem that easy round here.

Shelley

Back