• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trios

The only trio ive ver had was 2 females and a male who got on great,Would i have any troubles with the 2 males fighting?

depends on their personalitys, i've just rehomed a male to live with another male and female (pics on my website) they all get on great, no problem, but I expect some people have had difficulties.

I have Muffin, Crumpet and Waffle bonded. The whole thing went really well with no problems. It was originally a pair- Muffin and Crumpet, and i bonded Waffle in.

It is actually the two males- Muffin and Waffle, who have the strongest bond out of them!

I have Hope, Dawn and Sunny as a trio, and they are m, m and f (despite the names).

It definitely can work but it does depend on the rabbits. I have other trios that are ffm and pairs of mf but know that a male bonded into that would not work at all.

So yes, it can work, but depends on the buns.

I've had m/m/f trio. The two boys were fine from day one, it was the girl who caused trouble to start with.

As others say, it really depends on personalities of the buns involved

You should never count on a trio working. It really depends on the rabbits characters. Males can actually be easier in groups, but only some males. Other males simply won't go into a group, they are just too agressive with other males. Same for females. It is a very individual thing.

Don't adopt a male assuming he will join your pair, chances are it won't work. I have bonded trios for people who have adopted from me but only when I know all the rabbits and think they are compatible. And even then it doesn't always work. In general it stands a better chance of working when the males are older and have been neutered for some time.

I have Muffin, Crumpet and Waffle bonded. The whole thing went really well with no problems. It was originally a pair- Muffin and Crumpet, and i bonded Waffle in.

It is actually the two males- Muffin and Waffle, who have the strongest bond out of them!

I agree with this - In my group of five, my two males Charlie and Buttons have the strongest bond. It can work.

Back