PDA

View Full Version : Giant rabbit story

AnyBunny
13-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Found this in today's Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5810268/Rabbit-whose-food-bill-tops-a-50-a-week.html

Apparently he eats "9 pounds worth of fruit, vegetables, rabbit food, biscuits and treats a day" (no mention of hay) and "enjoys eating broccoli, but his favourite treats are fig rolls".

As I am not a member of Facebook I can't read what is written there about this rabbit. Maybe someone else could check it out.

huppie
13-07-2009, 06:52 AM
just read the article and I say :roll: to her. What a lousy way to raise money for a rabbit sanctuary - by promoting poor diet!

Poor bun

Edited to say - I just checked the sanctuary named in the article and next to every bun they have things like 'suitable for children over 6'... They also rehome singly...

RU rehomers are the best!

Emma

Bunnyaddict
13-07-2009, 07:39 AM
Fig rolls :shock::shock::shock: Errmm don't remember ever reading that fig rolls should be part of a bunnies diet :?

Daisylop
13-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Fig rolls :shock::shock::shock: Errmm don't remember ever reading that fig rolls should be part of a bunnies diet :?

but Fig rolls are an important part of a rabbit owners diet!!!!!:love::love:

abbymarysmokey
13-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Unfortunately many breeders of giant rabbits feed biscuits to their rabbits...primarily because they're concerned about size for the show table, rather than promoting longevity of life :(

jenny s
13-07-2009, 02:49 PM
:oops::oops: my flemish use to have rich tea biscuits :oops::oops:

Sky-O
13-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Has anyone suggested she join this site? Maybe it might help educate her, but it could be put to her in a way that it would benefit her and her buns to join here.

lisabunnie
13-07-2009, 03:09 PM
my 15 year old bun spent the first 8 years of his life being fed almost soley harvest crunch bars :shock: He looked like he had swallowed a football!!

It was a nightmare when he came to me trying to get him on pellets :roll:

He does have the occasional digestive now thou:oops: