• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frosty died...

Graeme27Uk

Warren Scout
Hi,

Today is a sad day. Our male bunny, Frosty died suddenly. Yesterday he was jumping about, chasing the girls, stuffing his face and this morning he was definately "wrong". He was lethargic, not taking food or water. Not his usual self.

We took him to the vets for a check over and they decided to burr his back teeth back as there were some small spikes. However, Frosty come round from the anaesthetic but then relapsed and didn't come through.

Bit of a shock to the system. Just buried him in the in-laws garden.

Lots of "what if's" go through my head.

What if I hadn't taken him to the vets maybe he would have been ok and he was just having a "bad day"?

What if they got the dosage of the anaesthetic wrong?

What if we did something that caused his death?

What if we had waited and gone to our usual vet instead, because its a Sunday our usual vet isn't open.

I worry about my other bunnies now, especially Smudge. Smudge and Frosty were like a married couple and every morning you would come in to the bunny room and they would be snuggled up together, plus the fact that Smudge smothered Frosty with love 24/7...

Cookie I am not so worried about as she is dense enough probably to forget within a few days, plus her and Frosty were not all that close, not as close and Smudge and Frosty.

Anyway, just thought I would share.

Thanks,

Funny thing is its as if he knew. This morning he was really attention seeking, even looking for cuddles which is something he just didn't do. He even walked into the carry box rather than putting up a fight.

It's going to be weird without my little Frosty-man. He was daddy's bunny.

100_0103a.jpg

I'm sorry :( I know the what-ifs are inevitable but they're really not productive...you did what you thought was best for him with the knowledge you had at the time, and thats all anyone can do.

If you hadnt taken him to the vet when you did, he could still have passed and you would have regretted not taking him earlier....it is so hard to know what to do cos they can't tell us what's wrong. :(

You did everything you could do under the circumstances, i'm so sorry for your loss, what a beautiful bunster and a super name :( RIP Frosty :(

It's the suddeness of it all.

Yesterday he was bouncing about and being Frosty.

Yesterday he was chasing the girls, I was playing with him, and he was stuffing his face.

This morning he is dead.

How does that work!?!?!?!

Binky free Frosty, this sounds very similar to what happened to my Rory :cry:

Any idea what happened?

I can cope with the fact that Frosty has gone, its the fact that it was so sudden and we didn't really get a chance to say goodbye. I don't understand.

Any idea what happened?

I can cope with the fact that Frosty has gone, its the fact that it was so sudden and we didn't really get a chance to say goodbye. I don't understand.

I don't know what to say....it's so hard to deal with when someone dies so suddenly :( I lost three of mine very suddenly and all I can recommend is to give yourself lots of time to adjust and not expect to be over it as soon as you would if you'd had time to prepare. take care of yourself x

So sorry to hear about Frosty :( You must be really shocked & upset :(
It's so hard to think 'i won't ever see him again' :(
but. remember rabbits have souls, just like people. in fact, all animals do. he may visit you or send you a message somehow -to let you know he's okay.
binky free frosty xxx

Any idea what happened?

Not completely sure...he suddenly stopped eating and went downhill very fast. Only thing the vet could find was some sharp spikes on his molars (he'd shown no other symptoms of these before) he went under GA, came round and started to pick up then went badly downhill later that day and passed away later that night :cry:

The vet did think there was a possibility that something else was wrong with him inside due to how fast it all happened but we weren't to know as he had been perfectly fine :cry:
My head is still full of the 'what if's'

Just like Frosty he was totally himself until the day it all happened :cry:

So sorry about Frosty xxx

Back