• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

p@h

jenny s

Mama Doe
went in there today for some hammie bits and in the adoption center there were 2 13 week old english giants:love:

they were dumped at the store:cry:

i did ask how much they wanted :shock::shock: £100 each as the man said we do sell them normally at £130, if they were cheaper i would have had them:love: but cant afford that:shock:

is there a reason why they are that price do the store get a bonus or something (not aimed at you lspacehopper x)

I've no idea but I think that's a bit weird are they selling them so expensive as a way of putting people off because they are so hard to look after?

Erm.....they can't tell you it's that much. We have suggested figures for adoptions, but we can't enforce them. Obviously we can refuse if someone offers a stupidly low amount, but to say £100 each is a bit excessive!

Tbh....we quote high figures if we're trying to put someone off (as bad as it sounds). Sometimes people see the adoption route as a 'cheap deal' and we put them off.

Btw....we don't get bonuses for this lol ;)

went in there today for some hammie bits and in the adoption center there were 2 13 week old english giants:love:

they were dumped at the store:cry:

i did ask how much they wanted :shock::shock: £100 each as the man said we do sell them normally at £130, if they were cheaper i would have had them:love: but cant afford that:shock:

is there a reason why they are that price do the store get a bonus or something (not aimed at you lspacehopper x)

If rabbits are in the adoption center then doesn't that mean that you would be expected to give a donation for them and not pay slightly less than the price that p@h charge for giant rabbits :?

thanks for that lspacehopper

the guy did seem abit embarassed when i said i already owned two and wouldnt pay that much :lol:

Not knowing an awfull lot about rabbits could some one please explain to me about these rabbits why are they so expensive and so difficult to look after??
Out of interest.... not because i would want one
thanks
Claire

Not knowing an awfull lot about rabbits could some one please explain to me about these rabbits why are they so expensive and so difficult to look after??
Out of interest.... not because i would want one
thanks
Claire

I guess they charge a higher price cos there are less of them around than "normal" sized buns, so they charge a premium price.
They don't cost a huge amount more than an average bun, but they do eat probably three times as much, you're likely to pay higher vet costs for anaesthetics (as some vets do it on body weight), and obviously the living accommodation has to be huge!

I tested out the PAH adoption scheme a while back. Took my 11yr old in who saw 2 chins - I deliberately acted totally ignorant of their care requirements etc and generally uninterested in them, but my daughter was asking the assistant the questions.
In fairness he quoted an adoption fee of £40 minimum each (usually sell them £45) so I was quite pleased that he didn't seem keen to push them onto the first customer interested, and I told him that.

I know what you mean... theres a chinchilla in the adoption centre near us, we asked about him the other day as its very rare they have chinchillas and i mentioned to them about the sand bath being left in :? Anyway... they said they would want a donation of around £50 for him :? I did wonder how they could say that as i thought it was literally a reasonable donation.

The giant bunnies seem to be flying out of the store near us :( The lady who we speak to in there said they get let out every morning for a run round before the store opens, and they always have loads of toys in with them :) xXx

ours also has a chinchilla in :cry:

its is on sawdust in a glass tank the size the hamsters are in, i did tell them that it was not big enough and he shouldnt be lfet on sawdust but went in one ear and out the other. he was £70

Back