• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BOARDING - what is reasonable costs?

samhor

Warren Scout
I have never had to put my bun in boarding before but i was just wondering what you would consider to be reasonable?

How long is a piece of string? It really depends what level of care and accommodation you require. You could pay as little as £3 per night per bunny or pair of bunnies for a smallish hutch and 'a run for an hour or two during the day'. However, if you want your bunny to go somewhere where they have a kennel with attached run or shed/playhouse type accommodation with an experienced and knowledgeable bunny sitter, then you're going to pay a lot more. I recently paid £9 per night per pair of bunnies for an enclosed dog kennel with attached run and a very experienced foster mummy. I think that was very reasonable when you consider the level of care, attention and exercise they received.

My breeder is going to have our buns at Christmas for 10 days and she charges £4 a night but for that he get's his own hutch, daily exercise and his claws clipped. I need to provide food and toys only.

Around these parts you pay anything between £6 - £9 per night for a pair of bunnies for excellent recommended accommodation. This means either sheds or in the case of somewhere like Little Warrens, 6x5 dog kennels with 6x5 attached full height aviaries. Anything that has accommodation that is big enough with someone who knows what they're doing isn't going t0 be cheap.

I board for friends and people who have adopted from rescues where I volunteer and ask for a minimum donation of £5 per night for a pair. That's for either an 8x2x2 hutch or a wendy house with attached run, including unlimited hay, pellets, and veg, plus of course my experience of spotting poorly buns (plus the fact that there is always someone here at home).

Petpals had my 2 & it cost £3 per bun per day plus they provided veg.Thought that was very good especially as 2years ago they charged £5 just for her B on her own:?

We pay £15 a night for our 2 buns, thats for a 15ftx3.5ft hutch, with all hay/veg/pellets included :) I wouldnt have it any other way tbh, Jo does a fab job! I think if you choose the smallest hutch she does (6ftx3.ft) its only £6 a night :)

I wouldnt go to the cheapest place, there wouldnt be a chance of my kids going anywhere else tbh :) xXx

It largely depends on the place you take them (i.e the facilities & experience) and the area you live in.

I don't live in a cheap area so to house my pair together in a standard hutch with daily access to runs and grooming/care costs £6.10 a day (a single rabbit is £4.50). However I don't go away for more than 4-5 days at the moment so I go for 'cottages' - this is basically one of those lovely big wooden summerhouse sheds inside an even larger enclosure and it costs £15 a day :waves: I think it's worth it, especially since the lady who runs the place is absolutely lovely and really knows her stuff :D I wouldn't take them anywhere else just to save a few pennies, I must have the best and most trusted care for my darlings regardless of cost.

Around these parts you pay anything between £6 - £9 per night for a pair of bunnies for excellent recommended accommodation. This means either sheds or in the case of somewhere like Little Warrens, 6x5 dog kennels with 6x5 attached full height aviaries. Anything that has accommodation that is big enough with someone who knows what they're doing isn't going t0 be cheap.

I board for friends and people who have adopted from rescues where I volunteer and ask for a minimum donation of £5 per night for a pair. That's for either an 8x2x2 hutch or a wendy house with attached run, including unlimited hay, pellets, and veg, plus of course my experience of spotting poorly buns (plus the fact that there is always someone here at home).

My four went to Jo at the Little Warrens this year. Fabulous accommodation and a superb 'foster-mum'! Money is not a consideration when you're trusting someone to look after your babies as well as you would yourself.

I pay about £5 a night for my two dwarf bunnies to share the pah Thistle Hall hutch (which is what they are in at home), all day access to a run, all food, veggies and toys included. This is for a boarding hotel in Rugby run by an experienced animal carer. She is lovely and one of my buns is totally in love with her son - they spend hours lying next to one another! Would never send mine anywhere else!

My pair are going to a member on here. (Madmoo) And for three weeks we are going to pay £70. :) x

How long is a piece of string? It really depends what level of care and accommodation you require. You could pay as little as £3 per night per bunny or pair of bunnies for a smallish hutch and 'a run for an hour or two during the day'. However, if you want your bunny to go somewhere where they have a kennel with attached run or shed/playhouse type accommodation with an experienced and knowledgeable bunny sitter, then you're going to pay a lot more. I recently paid £9 per night per pair of bunnies for an enclosed dog kennel with attached run and a very experienced foster mummy. I think that was very reasonable when you consider the level of care, attention and exercise they received.

It's lucky for me that the people who bring their pets to me haven't been put off by my prices!!:shock::evil:
I charge £3 per night for one or £5 for a bonded pair. This is regardless of the size of hutch...... I have some 4ft hutches but buns are only in there over night. I also have 7ft hutches I just had a pair of French lops too big for any run I had available so I sectioned off a large part of my garden for them.....Rabbit welfare comes first!! I certainly DON'T keep animals out in a shed, if they are house buns they live indoors with me like they would at home.
ALWAYS go and look at your chosen boarding place and ask lots of questions they won't mind.....And as for prices......it shouldn't refect the quality of care but who knows maybe it does in some places BUT NOT HERE:evil:

can anyone recommend me somewhere in the liverpool area..my local pet hotel charges £5 a night for a 4x2 hutch and access to a run. For an extra £1.50 they can have a run attached to their hutch.. They are indoors now and I'm away at the end of october for 4 nights.... :roll::roll:

can anyone recommend me somewhere in the liverpool area..my local pet hotel charges £5 a night for a 4x2 hutch and access to a run. For an extra £1.50 they can have a run attached to their hutch.. They are indoors now and I'm away at the end of october for 4 nights.... :roll::roll:

I don't know anybody, but you could try Googling local breeders as they may also do holiday accommodation.

It largely depends on the place you take them (i.e the facilities & experience) and the area you live in.

I don't live in a cheap area so to house my pair together in a standard hutch with daily access to runs and grooming/care costs £6.10 a day (a single rabbit is £4.50). However I don't go away for more than 4-5 days at the moment so I go for 'cottages' - this is basically one of those lovely big wooden summerhouse sheds inside an even larger enclosure and it costs £15 a day :waves: I think it's worth it, especially since the lady who runs the place is absolutely lovely and really knows her stuff :D I wouldn't take them anywhere else just to save a few pennies, I must have the best and most trusted care for my darlings regardless of cost.

Where do you take them? I have a friend in Bath that was looking?

I've was given a very competitive price of 72.00 for 10 days next Jan. Thats for a pair of buns, a trio of buns and a pair of piggies.

For that I get:

1) Large, secure indoor hutches inside a locked, brick outbuilding for your pets at night.
2) Large outdoor runs on an acre of grass, the animals spend all day outside unless the weather is very adverse.
3) As well as an enclosed 'house', all runs are protected from rain or sun as necessary.
4) A fresh area of grass and fresh straw for each run, every day.
5) All runs and hutches cleaned every day.
6) All runs and hutches disinfected between each stay.
7) All animals checked over every day and groomed if necessary.
8) Rabbits are checked for fly-strike twice a day.
9) Fresh food supplied daily, even dandelions which are hunted down by Jackie most days!
10) Fresh water to runs and hutches daily.

The pics and reviews on the website look great tho I will prob still worry as its the first time I've had to board them.

Back