• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am i wrong?

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
We do boarding as many of you know, and we had some animals here for a month. They were due to be collected last sunday, and we didnt hear anything until 5pm when she said could she collect them monday as she was on her way out. (not much we could do as we couldnt really say no could we as she was on her way out)

she then phoned up monday and said could she come and get them this sunday instead, so we said yes.

Shes phoned up to ask how much she owes and i explained that our Terms and Conditions state you have to let us know before 1pm if you want it to be extra day or the cost will be double for that day.

She has said i am harsh because she paid for one month so i should give her a discount.

I explained, on boarding them i gave her a £20 discount anyway, and ont he day she was meant to collect them i had cleaned out, scrubbed, disinfected all the accomodation, as they were out in the sunshine. So i then had to re do it all, after storing all the litter trays away etc and i was due to go away for the night and i couldnt.

Shes really annoyed but i dont see what i have done wrong, its in the terms and conditions.

Nope, you're in the right.

But you could always make a gesture of good will and give her £5 or something.

ive also given her 2 sample boxes from Pampered piggies when youre only meant to have one but because her bookign was so big \nd she had guineas and bunnies she has had one of each.

I also bought her guinea pig food because she didnt bring enough which i havent charged her for. and i explained that regardless of whether her booking was for one day or 30 days we treat all customers the same.

I have also given her the rest of a sample of gorgeous guineas shampoo i used on her guinea as i bathed, groomed, and trimmed him twice in the 5 weeks he was here. I also took photos and text her every 3 days to let her know how they were doing.

i feel bad that she isnt happy with our service but if she knew she was going to a gig on the sunday, i feel like she didnt need to leave it until 5pm to tell us.

im just annoyed shes quibbling £10 when i looked after them like my own for 5 weeks, i understand what she is saying, she had paid alot of money and she has its £390.

Sometimes i do waive the charge, ive had people have ther flights be cancelled and were stuck, im not that harsh.

but to go out and not tell me til 5pm when i waited in all day doesnt deserva waiving of the charge in my opinion

In my opinion she should be just grateful that you are so flexible, and pay up. What were you supposed to do if there was another booking that needed the hutches/cages when she let you know late on that she wanted another week? Double for that one day really isn't a lot to ask or to pay.

In my opinion she should be just grateful that you are so flexible, and pay up. What were you supposed to do if there was another booking that needed the hutches/cages when she let you know late on that she wanted another week? Double for that one day really isn't a lot to ask or to pay.
I 100% agee with this.

I think she is lucky you had enough space to keep them. This is HER error, not yours, so don't feel bad, just stick with what you've said and go with it. She probably knows she is being unreasonable which is why she is being angry about it, i bet when she calsm down she will see you did the right thing (even if she doesn't let on to you that she knows you were right).

the indoor outhouse was due to be knocked through to the outside toilet this weekend, have it all pulled out to make the room double the size and we have had to hault it to next weekend, and we said that was okay.

i didnt take any bookings for this weekend because we would be so busy with it, so she doesnt realise how much it put us out.
i guess because she paid so much she thinks its okay to be short notice and stuff but its not.

Im worried shes going to be angry ive never had someone who wasnt happy before. oh well, comes with the job i guess.:cry:

You have done absalutely nothing wrong ;)

My mum runs her own dog walking service and occationally does dog boarding sometimes we get the odd person that doesnt lice the service even though weve done nothing wrong, we had one dog booked in for 5 days and was due to go home on the monday, but they didnt call us saying they were home till the saturday and when we asked them to pay they acted like we asked for their house! when we got payment they never called again :(.
But you cant make everyone happy, unfortunatly, even if youve done nothing wrong.

she turned up, and she said sorry she was just taken aback by it, and felt it was unfair because of the time they had been with us. but she was happy because he chubby bun was slender and her guinea pig had lovely soft long fur when it was dry when she brought them and i used gorgeous guineas on him, so its all okay

I'm presuming you gave her a copy of the terms and conditions right at the beginning?

If so, she should have read them and she doesn't have a leg to stand on. By agreeing to leave her buns with you she was stating that she agreed with the T+Cs you had provided. She was extremely lucky you could keep them late at all, what if you'd had other boarders booked into those hutches the next day?!

I'm presuming you gave her a copy of the terms and conditions right at the beginning?

If so, she should have read them and she doesn't have a leg to stand on. By agreeing to leave her buns with you she was stating that she agreed with the T+Cs you had provided. She was extremely lucky you could keep them late at all, what if you'd had other boarders booked into those hutches the next day?!

exactly, thats why i felt quite annoyed she was annoyed!

At least it worked out OK in the end, but we can do without that sort of hassle in life, especially with all your present concerns.

I think you were perfectly in the right. Sorry about all the additional aggro.

I think she was trying to pull a fast one, she probably thought you wouldnt charge her " after all she's doing you the favour letting you take good care of her animals!!!!!" lol:roll:
Unfortunatly you always get people like this and they dont give it a second thought, we wouldnt treat people this way.

I had a learner driver once, i missed her appointment because my car broke down, I called and left her a message, got a reall attitude phone call from her dad demanding money back ( they had paid for several lessons up front) how he worked out that due to her loosing her phone it was my falt she hadnt received the message was beyond me. Anyway no refund given it was in my terms and conditions.
You did the right thing. stand by your guns. she's the one who inconvenienced you, she is lucky to have found a place that takes such good care of her animals while she's away.

Although I think you are right I also think maybe it could have been waivered this time and then explain that if it happens again you will have to charge the double payment....she was cheeky yes - but is it worth loosing repeat business over - eps when someone is paying nearly £400... I would have given her a chance first time round - but if in the future she did it then would not be so leaniant

Think you did the right thing absolutely. There are always some people who will try it on though.
For our private tuition, we have a 24 hour cancellation policy, all stated in terms and conditions which I explain and get them to sign. We still have people who forget to cancel, the tutor turns up to find there's no one there, and the client is still angry over the charge.
With those sorts of people, I'm not overly upset to lose their custom, as in the long run they are likely to be a lot of hassle! However, we've not lost any clients due to thise yet.

Back