• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Make Mine Chocolate

RubyGordy

Alpha Buck
OK - I'm going to have a grouchy rant here but am I the only one who hates the name of this campaign?

For a start it sounds negative. If the Dog's Trust had named their campaign make mine a fluffy one instead of A Dog is For Life - Not Just for Christmas do you think it would have had the same effect?

Plus it just sounds awful. It's not catchy and it doesn't roll of the tongue.

There. Said it! :lol:

I think it's a great name! And I think you're missing the point a bit by making the "Make Mine Fluffy" comparison :roll:

I think it's a great name too and really hits the nail on the head.

The MMC campaign is working hard to try and stop the impulse buying if rabbits by outlining the true reality behind rabbit keeping (cost etc). The idea is, "if you really want to buy a rabbit on impulse, buy a chocolate one instead!'

Fab in my eyes :D

The message is: Do you want a bunny for Easter?
Yeah! Make Mine Chocolate Please :mrgreen:
I don't see what's wrong with it - can't see the comparison what so ever with the Dog'sTrust :lol:

Nah I like it i'm afraid - I think it is catchy, it sums up the point of the campaign and it's just odd enough to make people curious and investigate further :)

I understand the issue completely. Easter - people buy rabbits on impulse, yeah yeah.

And at Christmas so do people buy dogs!!

OK my analagy with the Dog's Trust wasn't very good - it was early, first thing that came into my head. But their slogan is far far better and has become a nationwide catch phrase almost. What I mean is, it would be like them saying 'We'd prefer a soft fluffy toy for Christmas'. They're not saying don't get a dog - 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas' is just stressing the importance of looking after it if you DO get one.

Make Mine Chocolate being a slogan from a rabbit loving community just sounds odd. Make Yours Chocolate - might have been better.

Still sounds just as naff though.

OK OK no one agrees. I can live with that. :roll:

The problem I have with it is that people outside the rabbity world dont seem to understand it. But I can't think of a better slogan:oops:

The problem I have with it is that people outside the rabbity world dont seem to understand it. But I can't think of a better slogan:oops:

i agree, where as everyone knows the dogs trust one. it is a great charity but i know where your coming from ruby gordon:)

Anything to make people reconsider getting a rabbit is a great & they have my full support but my problem is with the MMC campaign is the slogan.

The words - Make Mine Chocolate - just doesn't give any insight to the public what the campaign is actually about.

Would just reading the MMC slogan make non-rabbit savy people stop & think ? I don't think so because the words - Make Mine Chocolate - just doesn't give any insight as to what the campaign is actually about.

Lesley @ the now closed Essex Warren Lodge Rabbit Rescue started a campaign up in the local/national press & on TV over 5 years ago. Her slogan was:-

'If you want a rabbit, get a chocolate one'
or
'If you want an Easter bunny, get a chocolate one'

I think most of the public could understand the message she was trying to get across.

The intention was to use the slogan 'a bunny is for life, not just for Easter' but the Dogs Trust people wouldn't let them :(. I think it's a good slogan but I agree that most people out of the rabbit community don't know what it stands for.

I love the MMC :D Tis great! :D
LOL! And now you HAVE to write to DogsTrust with your new slogan for them 'Make Mine A Fluffy One'! I LOVE that! :D It's brilliant!! :D x

The campaign came over from America where it had already been running several years which meant that it was able to get a huge head start with things like merchandise, campaign awareness, ability to attract sponsors etc etc BUT that meant that it had to have the same name etc etc.

The Dogs Trust were what one might politely call 'unhelpful' when they were politely asked if they would mind MMC using 'A rabbit os for life not just Easter' as a sub-slogan (they threatened to sue).

The Dogs Trust were what one might politely call 'unhelpful' when they were politely asked if they would mind MMC using 'A rabbit os for life not just Easter' as a sub-slogan (they threatened to sue).

Charming :roll:

I still mainain that if people don't "get" it they will be intrigued enough to research futher.

OK my analagy with the Dog's Trust wasn't very good - it was early, first thing that came into my head. But their slogan is far far better and has become a nationwide catch phrase almost. What I mean is, it would be like them saying 'We'd prefer a soft fluffy toy for Christmas'. They're not saying don't get a dog - 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas' is just stressing the importance of looking after it if you DO get one.

I guess the problem is that the rwa or anyone has not come up with anything better. esp if the dogs trust didn't allow a play on their slogan. (why - unbelieveable!!??)

Least there is a campaign. Personally I think rather than worry about semantics I prefer to support the one and only rabbit welfare campaign to try help the issue of rabbits bought on impulse. Like anything, it is only successful if people (aka us!) make it so.

And I wonder how long the dogs trust had to plug away with their slogan before it came a catch phrase. PR costs big £££.

Last edited:
The campaign came over from America where it had already been running several years which meant that it was able to get a huge head start with things like merchandise, campaign awareness, ability to attract sponsors etc etc BUT that meant that it had to have the same name etc etc.

......nice to know donations go to good use then..................:roll:

I'm only a law student but just wondering if the Dog's Trust actually own the IPR for their slogan? I think it would be worth challenging it perhaps as with a name change to include 'rabbits' it can hardly be considered to be the 'same'! When I qualify I'll look into it!! Cos i'm not convinced they would have a case to be honest :D
Anyway, you'd think fellow animal charities would stick together! :shock::roll:

To the casual onlooker a t shirt with MMC on would appear to be a promotion for chocolate - or a chocolate drink. You'd have to take time explaining the slogan before even starting on the issues. :(

I can't think of anything dazzling either - apart from maybe something along the lines of AN EASTER BUNNY- Is A Bun For All Seasons.

Back