• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning Question

footballgirl

Alpha Buck
Hi

One of my rabbits has been quite poorly recently with a form of diarrhea, hes only 14/15wks old and yesterday when he went in for an antibiotics jab they said his best chance of pulling through was to keep him in. Rung up today and he is more lively and eating on his own but there keeping him another day atleast to see how hes doing.

To my question, now i had been changing the bedding every few days as the poor man was smelly. But today I can give it a massive clean out. What I want to know is, when people talk about deep cleans, does that include soappy water and alot as scrubbing, aswell as disinfecting the hutch? I want to get rid of the smell, so that hopefully when hes alot better and ready to come home, he has a nice smelling hutch:)

Any help and advice will be very helpful

You could use bleach,1 part to ten part water.I also use white vinegar with water,seems to do the trick:D

Back