• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toy and treat ideas for Gummy Bunnies?

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Hi does anyone with a gummy bunny know what toys and treats to give?

My bunny Earl has no upper or lower front teeth.

He cant really throw things around with his gums and willow toys are useless- can anyone help? he is on his own at the moment and i dont want him to be bored all day.

My mums gummy boy has grated carrot as a treat. He seems to chin things a lot so anything strong smelling to chine. Toliet rolls are good they can roll them rather than throw them or chew them

My little guy has tunnels to play in and I also have a treat ball he loves to roll around. I always feel bad that he can't chew and destroy things like a normal bun but it doesn't seem to phase him at all:)
Baloo doesn't like to dig, but maybe yours would like a dig box?

Just to add, my gummy bunny gets whatever treats the others get, just cut or broken down to bite-size:D

Noisey toys? Like balls with bells that he can roll? Stuff he can dig? Grass mats? Digging tray?

Last edited:
Yep I agree, buns don't just chew or throw, they nudge, dig, climb, jump etc...I'd recommend tunnels, boxes, trays of soil/grass, digging mats, things to jump onto or climb through like cardboard boxes with holes cut in, things with bells that he can nudge - we have a new toy called a 'blinky ball' from bunnymail/bunnybazar online and when the buns nudge it it flashes a red light - my dutchie loves it! :D

What about a teddy bear? My Gordon is gummy but he loves his tigger toy, he can lick him, bite him with his gums and have a hump too:oops:

Yep I agree, buns don't just chew or throw, they nudge, dig, climb, jump etc...I'd recommend tunnels, boxes, trays of soil/grass, digging mats, things to jump onto or climb through like cardboard boxes with holes cut in, things with bells that he can nudge - we have a new toy called a 'blinky ball' from bunnymail/bunnybazar online and when the buns nudge it it flashes a red light - my dutchie loves it! :D

yeah good idea i have seen the blinky ball but always thought it would scare them- it give it a try-

and a teddy bear sounds good too

will get him a dig box when his puppy pen comes- thanks all!!!

Squidgy has a treat ball, and lots of places to hide under and crawl through.
He also enjoys going upstairs and exploring!

Back