• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Impose A New Law For Pet Shops. What Do You Think?

Should this happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

samhor

Warren Scout
i impose that a new law should be passed for pet shops.

a poster, sign, leflet that should be given to possible buyers when asking to see the rabbits closer up etc. that should include on it

statistics of rabbits being abonded, a national count of buns in the UK in rescue centres etc and the amount of avaible buns in the county of the pet shop, yearly costs of feed,bedding & vet bills and there nearest animal rescue centre

I voted no because it isn't workable, a pet shop that sells animals won't give out leaflets about rescues.

What should be done is a complete ban on pet shops selling animals, so people have to go to a breeder or rescue, then tighten control on breeders with a proper license system, although I doubt it would ever happen :?

I voted no because it isn't workable, a pet shop that sells animals won't give out leaflets about rescues.

What should be done is a complete ban on pet shops selling animals, so people have to go to a breeder or rescue, then tighten control on breeders with a proper license system, although I doubt it would ever happen :?

100% agree!

well i dont think that will ever happen...

Local councils could enforce what i suggested and hand out fines for not doing so... It will be easy catching the shops out if they didnt obey because the enforcers would only have to walk in the shop and look for the posters...

well i dont think that will ever happen...

Local councils could enforce what i suggested and hand out fines for not doing so... It will be easy catching the shops out if they didnt obey because the enforcers would only have to walk in the shop and look for the posters...

But it doesn't make sense? And if someone has already gone into a shop they are unlikely to change their mind, especially if there are cute bunnies there and they have kids. I think a ban on pet shops selling animals is much more workable.

i agree with louise, its a nice idea but it wouldnt work because if a pet shop has animals for sale there not then going to give out info on rescues and try to persuade you to go there.

As far as sales go its like walking into new look and having the assistant hand out flyers and telling you to go to topshop!

Of course im not saying animals are stock but to the majority of pet sotres thats what they are. items for sale.

I think like louise said its unlikely pet shops will be banned from selling animals, so at the very least i think it should ne a nessescity for pet shops to include a GOOD how to book/information when selling a a pet, at the very least.

x

totally agree, but fat chance.

Sadly, most pet shops don't even care about their "stock".
Petshops need to be more carefully checked (coz there's some AWFUL ones out there), but they'd never bother with rescues. Most don't even care where their animals go or how they'll be cared for.

Plus the fact that most members of the public don't care, either. My "friend" went to the worst petshop in Middlesbrough, where some of the animals are kept in pretty bad conditions and they give awful advice, to get some rats just because "she wanted them now". As long as people like that are around, you've got no chance of petshops stopping selling animals or improving how they're kept :(

Back