• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My boys are moving out tonight - and i'm a worried mummy!!

Hello all..

My boys are fully recovered from their neuter and they have loved the warm weather and being outside..so i've decided that now is the time for them to move into their outside hutch. It's a 6ft happy hutch with an upstairs and an under run. We've covered the floor with lino and i've put lots of hay and straw in for them and they have their favourite bed in there too.

But I keep going to check that they are ok!! It's their first evening sleeping outside..is it this normal to worry about them? It's spitting a bit and so i've put a plastic sheet over the mesh to stop the rain getting in but its loose and so air can circulate and there is also a side mesh which is not covered.

I would love people to tell me if my rabbits will be ok and that I don't have to check every 5 minutes??!! :(

im sure they will be fine hunny, but no one can say anything when its your babies that will stop you worrying!!

all my hutches are padlocked 24/7 - covered up fully at night so they are not frightened by cats or foxes and feel secure. I cover them at about half 8/9 but will check on them three times up until i go to bed and i am up at half 5 to check on them all again and mine have lived outside for most of their lives!!!

when they are your babies you will always worry! :love:

Thank you so much..it's good to hear it's normal to worry. Will check once before I go to bed and then try not to be so worried!:)

By the way I love your pics, that is one cute and gorgeous bunny you have!!

Big relief..all ok this morning, they look like they've had a good evening. Eaten all the hay I gave them and found the rose leave treats dotted into the hay. Bless them :love:

Last edited:
Back