• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ok guys, I need your help!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
I am wanting to get another rabbit as a husbun for Fudge. She is a lonely little girl who needs a friend (she has been following George my bfs hamster about in his ball and watching him in his cage :love: he here for a month :love:)
I have a bun in mind who i really want (A rescue bun f course:love:)and i have the space, time and i will pay vet fees no matter what and have a vet fund anyway. Its just my parents!
They do like the rabbits and have a soft spot for Fudge but i dont think they will like the idea of another bunny :roll:
How do i say to them about getting another? Do i do it on the phone (they are on holiday) or wait and do it face to face?

I am a shy person even though im close to my parents i just HATE asking for things :oops: Im scared of what they say and i just end up crying for no reason :roll:

So any ideas on how to convince them???:lol:

Last edited:
I am wanting to get another rabbit as a husbun for Fudge. She is a lonely little girl who needs a friend (she has been following George my bfs hamster about in his ball and watching him in his cage :love: he here for a month :love:)
I have a bun in mind who i really want and i have the space, time and i will pay vet fees no matter what and have a vet fund anyway. Its just my parents!
They do like the rabbits and have a soft spot for Fudge but i dont think they will like the idea of another bunny :roll:
How do i say to them about getting another? Do i do it on the phone (they are on holiday) or wait and do it face to face?

I am a shy person even though im close to my parents i just HATE asking for things :oops: Im scared of what they say and i just end up crying for no reason :roll:

So any ideas on how to convince them???:lol:

Aww I wish I was your Mum. (Who is the hubby). Maybe explain that buns love buns - and despite how much us hoomans do for them, another bun is lovely and show them pics of my girls if you want - no one ever thought Lola would be bonded, and that happy buns are healthier buns!

Well i was going to show them pics of bonded buns and they have seen Millie and Thumper together and think its cute :)

I dont know what to say really, how to start it? I dont want to just come out with "My i want another rabbit" :lol: Its not like ive not had 6 buns before and it wasnt any harder :roll:

Tell the truth :D Say how it'd make her happier and how it'd mean you wouldn't need to spend all your time with her, so you could help around the house a tad more ;) Subtle bribary always goes down well :D

Speaking from experience just say would you mind if I get a friend for Fudge as she is lonely. I am 34 and felt exactly the same as you even though I can effectively do what I want to but like to ask. They said yes to Wesley and they have just sad yes to two more buns and are just as excited about them coming as me. So I think you might be surprised. Don't do it over the phone do it face to face.

Speaking from experience just say would you mind if I get a friend for Fudge as she is lonely. I am 34 and felt exactly the same as you even though I can effectively do what I want to but like to ask. They said yes to Wesley and they have just sad yes to two more buns and are just as excited about them coming as me. So I think you might be surprised. Don't do it over the phone do it face to face.

ooooh congrats Emma :D :D I know where there are some nice ones ;) :D

hehe is ok.....it's actually very quiet there atm anyway :shock: although i wish little Fennel could find a home....all his brothers have gone :( :(

Ok thanks :)
So face to face, tell the truth, bribe them :lol:

Well monday night and i get to find out, im worried :lol:
Keep your fingers crossed for my first rescue bunny :)

Back