• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eventful vet trip

Biscuit Bunny

Alpha Buck
Well Biscuit had to go to the vets for her boaster today, and the attitudes of the other people around us was very strange.

On one side we had a lady with a gp and another with a bunny, well then another couple came in with a dog and although there was room on the other side of the waiting room, they sat next to bunny and GP which their dog took geat interest in.

For the next half an hour the dog had it's nose pressed against the bunny cage, while everyone was laughing and saying look he wants to make friends....

Then a chap came in and had worked himself into a state as he wanted to buy some panacur (sp) but didn't want to bring his dog in for a check up as he said the vets were trying to rip him off, and it would be their fault if his dog died. When they explained they couldn't by law give it to him without seeing the dog he then ranted and refused to leave.

I'm surprised that the person with the bunny didn't politely ask them to move the dog. I would have done or rather pointedly got up and moved myself.

I'm surprised that the person with the bunny didn't politely ask them to move the dog. I would have done or rather pointedly got up and moved myself.

Or even moved the bunny a bit further along so the dog couldn't reach it.

I was biting my toungue so hard but if the bunny owner didn't give a stuff either arghhh

On the other hand perhaps the bunny owner has a dog too and the bunny isn't bothered by them :) You'd think the dog owner would be polite enough not to let the dog stick his nose in though :roll:

How did Biccy get on Clare?? Who did you see? Hope it all went well? Is Mackie back? I read he was supposed to be back in July some time?? :D:wave:

The vets could have given panacur without seeing the dog, providing it was an SQP prescribing. The vets like to see the animal, so they can charge a consultation!

How did Biccy get on Clare?? Who did you see? Hope it all went well? Is Mackie back? I read he was supposed to be back in July some time?? :D:wave:

We saw a lady vet who imho was a bit rubbish, didn't hold Biscuit properly and made me and Biscuit on edge.

She also has stasis this morning, eating a little now, but had to do the metacam, colic drops, heated pad, tummy rubs, moving her around etc etc since 8.30 this morning.

Can only put it down to stress at the vets had to wait ages and ages again or a slight reaction to the jab???

haven't seen that Mackie is back yet :(

The vets could have given panacur without seeing the dog, providing it was an SQP prescribing. The vets like to see the animal, so they can charge a consultation!

The bloke admitted that his dogs have never been registered at any vets and have never seen a vet for anything including vaccinations

We saw a lady vet who imho was a bit rubbish, didn't hold Biscuit properly and made me and Biscuit on edge.

She also has stasis this morning, eating a little now, but had to do the metacam, colic drops, heated pad, tummy rubs, moving her around etc etc since 8.30 this morning.

Can only put it down to stress at the vets had to wait ages and ages again or a slight reaction to the jab???

haven't seen that Mackie is back yet :(

Oh Clare, hope Biccy ok! Call me or pm me if you need some support :D Sending lots of get well vibes. If she doesn't pick up you'd better go back down this avo and see if Anthony is around maybe??

Oh Clare, hope Biccy ok! Call me or pm me if you need some support :D Sending lots of get well vibes. If she doesn't pick up you'd better go back down this avo and see if Anthony is around maybe??

Thanks Vicky much appreciated :D

Can't believe she gets it so quickly was fine last night.

Has eaten and done droppings and is much more lively so panic over.

Me xx

In my vets the waiting area has recently been divided into dogs and cats. I tend to sit in the cat area because I figure that they are usually in carriers so less likely to stress the rabbits out and the free ranging dogs.

My vet told me that Panacur wasn't a prescription medicine and sold it to me without seeing the rabbits. I've also bought it in pets@home (without showing them my rabbits!) The shop manager just wrote down my details in case of any recall and explained how to use it better than the vet did.

Back