• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alvin Again - totally normal again

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
hes gone back to how he was last night, refusing food water and hay and the syringe feed ended up more over me than in him..... should i take him to the vets now tonight? or wait till i can get him to the vets tomorrow again...

i cant cope with this :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
6pm when he had some hay and some greens..he was eating really really slowly when he was eating too

oh no Donna :( I would give the vets a quick call and see what they say hun, sending lots of vibes xXx

Edited as just seen above post :)

Been out for last 24hours only just seen he is poorly really hope he is better soon. Good luck with the syringe feeding it does get easier

I would give them a call as advised and see what they say :)
I cant believe this :( My favey RU bunny ill, come on Alvin i know you can do it, please eat and poop.......Im worried :(

Do you know why he isnt eating?

Sending more vibes for Alvin xxx

Oh Donna what a worry for you.Wish i was nearer:cry:
I would give the vet a call and see what they say.
Big hugs and tons of vibes.

my mom has come around and calmed me down.. to get him admitted i have to wait until vets now open at 10:30pm so ive just tried to get more syringe stuff into him, managed 4ml...and will try again in an hour...

i will phone vets now for advice at 10:30pm and take it from there...

hes really fighty still and has just groomed pearl.... i know ive read stasis can take weeks to fix but hes never took so long to respond before :(

will the stasis episodes get worse do you think until his body just gives up?

I assume he has had his teeth checked ?

To me it sounds as though he has oral pain and the stasis is a secondary symptom :?

if i can help with vet journeys or anything Donna just say :( Roll on 10.30 when you can call. Big hugs for you hun, ive got everything crossed for him. Get eating and pooping Alvin xXx

Oh, it so echos the stasis episodes Artie has and I've not found the answer in his case :(. I had recently assumed it was because of pain to do with his bladder but he had an episode after that was sorted so that's that theory squashed. Artie has no dental history where of cause Alvin has a little.

It sounds brilliant that he's been eating some on his own though, even if he's not interested otherwise. The fact that he's feisty has to be a good thing as well. Let's hope his medications kick in soon and he starts eating in the next couple of hours.

*sending more vibes*

Oh no Donna, sending big hugs, I hope Alvin is ok.

Glad your mom is there to help you out :) Keep us updated hun xxx

I assume he has had his teeth checked ?

To me it sounds as though he has oral pain and the stasis is a secondary symptom :?

yeah she gave his teeth a good check over and so did the emergancy vet too, he only got the all clear after his dental last friday by the exotics vet :D so im fairly certain 3 peeps havent missed a tooth issue...

i think its just Alvin...ive lost count of his stasis episodes with no obvious reason :(

we have poops and hes munching small amounts of hay... long night again tho im sure

if i can help with vet journeys or anything Donna just say :( Roll on 10.30 when you can call. Big hugs for you hun, ive got everything crossed for him. Get eating and pooping Alvin xXx

cheers hun :love::love: im not going to phone im fairly convinved things have started moving again

Back