• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do I go in pet shops?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(

Been for the day out today and there was a little pet shop. Baby REW Lop and a Lionhead (very long hair) in saw dust, little Lionhead had saw dust in his eyes and stuck all over his fur - he must have felt dreadful.

I am never going in a pet shop ever again, it breaks my heart.

:cry::cry::cry:

It even harder working in one :(:(

I hate it, I could just slap or punch some customers. They havent got a clue and then stand there and tell me im wrong :?

Im in the process of writing a letter to head office about not selling anmals, Wont work but i have to try :)

I have given up and order everything online now.

Our two independent pet shops are hopeless, still selling kittens and advising that fresh food is bad for rabbits :shock: our P@H is good but it irks me the way they shift their "old stock" into their "adoption centre"

so the hay experts will get all my custom from now on ;)

I can't go in pet shops that sell animals anymore,I just end up wanting to take them all home and feeling terrible about not being able to help them :cry:

Our two independent pet shops are hopeless, still selling kittens and advising that fresh food is bad for rabbits :shock: our P@H is good but it irks me the way they shift their "old stock" into their "adoption centre"

I used to work for one of those independant pet shops (if we are talking about the same one, sells kittens!) I quit becuase of the appauling housing the animals had. They had two lionheads in with snuffles, and a tortoise who had his tail bitten off, and CLEARLY needed sutures. They refused to take it to the vets and put them in the 'back room'. I offered to take the two ill bunnies home, but they insisted I paid for them :shock::shock:. I quit, reported them to the RSPCA, and clearly pointed out the 'back room', and they drastically changed everything. I went there again about a year later, and they were back to their old ways :roll: Selling baby chicks for something ridiculous like £2.50 :lol:

As for P@H, I have 3 friends who work there, and I am constantly down their throats about rabbit welfare, so they're not too bad.

Some pet shops are just plain AWFUL, and really should have their licences taken away. Not that Daventry District Council would anyway, when I rang their department, they said they had nothing to do with it, and its RSPCA who deal with it all :evil::evil:

Sorry Cat, I went off on one :lol:

I won't go in that one either. I do walk past it sometimes and it has tiny hutches outside. :censored:

I used to work for one of those independant pet shops (if we are talking about the same one, sells kittens!) I quit becuase of the appauling housing the animals had. They had two lionheads in with snuffles, and a tortoise who had his tail bitten off, and CLEARLY needed sutures. They refused to take it to the vets and put them in the 'back room'. I offered to take the two ill bunnies home, but they insisted I paid for them :shock::shock:. I quit, reported them to the RSPCA, and clearly pointed out the 'back room', and they drastically changed everything. I went there again about a year later, and they were back to their old ways :roll: Selling baby chicks for something ridiculous like £2.50 :lol:

As for P@H, I have 3 friends who work there, and I am constantly down their throats about rabbit welfare, so they're not too bad.

Some pet shops are just plain AWFUL, and really should have their licences taken away. Not that Daventry District Council would anyway, when I rang their department, they said they had nothing to do with it, and its RSPCA who deal with it all :evil::evil:

Sorry Cat, I went off on one :lol:

Awful :( I was meaning the ones in Banbury cos that's where I usually shop but I'll make sure not to go into any in Daventry either now!

Popped into my local independant pet shop (usually go to P@H, they have better toys!) to see if they had any different hay, and of course I had to have a nosey at the animals!

However was not pleased at seeing a baby bun in with 4 guineas... then seeing the card stuck on the cage saying 'Mini lop £35... 6 w/o 23/7/09'!!!!

ALL the pet shops I know of near me sell animals.
I like P@H best (too bad it's a bit of a trek to get to :( ). The one here is decent, haven't had tonnes of rabbits, ect in lately, more toys, always clean, ect.
2 of the others are okay, give decent advice but don't stress about plently of space. The one I got Charlie from has mentioned neutering in the past though, which is good.
One other... My god I won't go in there. They sell kittens too. Not big cages, no toys or anything, and they had a parrot in there that was such a state and being kept so badly it was sickening. They also know NOTHING, I asked advice about my bird (They claim to have expert advice on all pets) and they knew nothing. Yet were happy to sell parrots, despite not having a clue?! :censored:

Back