• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ok .. heres the thing pet insurance

areia

Wise Old Thumper
just rang pet plan got quoted 67 pounds per month for all 6 of my buns, ok a lil expensive i thought because i dont want holidays plan or the reward or advertising, just vet an complementry cover,
pet plan do not cover dentals as its not classed as an illness,unless they have gintivius or abbsess etc, now correct me here as i stated to the gentleman on the phone front ok fine as they can be done without g.a. but back one surely most are done under so this should be covered right is anyone finding this fair, my vets down here are not cheap cheapest for a dental here is 130 pound provided theres no problems, also they dont cover vacinations its back to the the do i or dont thing again

is there an insurance company that cover vaccinations consultation fees and dentals and can adjust plan to just vets and complentry

I don't think that any of them would cover the vaccinations, isn't one of the terms of the insurence that they have to be done fully to be covered?

consultation fees for an illness would be covered as long as its not for a teeth issue or routine things like vaccinations :D

they dont generally cover the PTS injection neither

or food, ie the recovery packet we get for stasis they dont pay for.

Any further dentals that alvin have will not be covered neither, they did pay for the one he just had as a goodwill gesture i think.

hope they still cover for stasis Alvins just run up a nice hefty Bill again :(

ETA - not all vets accept direct payment from the insurance companies so you would still have to pay up front then claim it back possibly, my vets only claim direct if its a long running illness and it has to be approved by a manager...

Last edited:
I don't think that any policies cover vaccinations, as it's usually stated that you have to ensure that you've taken every means to prevent illness - ie vaccinating (and i think neutering too when it comes to uterine tumours/pyo etc). From what I've heard petplan were the last company to refuse to pay for dentals so I don't think there are other insurers that cover them, unless it's an abscess. Other things like consults, gut problems etc most places still cover :)

Back