• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad drivers - on topic!

BertramBun

Alpha Buck
When I go home from work I drive along a country lane where there are lots of rabbits. I always drive slowly because they do often hurtle out of the hedge. Sometimes other drivers get behind me, shouting and swearing and blowing their horns. Some people have no respect for wildlife at all.

Sorry, but I just had to share that. :-(

Couldn't agree more.
There are other good reasons to drive carefully on country lanes. You can round a bend & go smack into a herd of cows crossing, or tractor with a hefty load. Seems to me that the only argument that folks listen to these days is danger to humans. All I can do is pull off the road in the nearest gateway & let them roar past before they cause an accident overtaking.

You are so right. We are losing so many species especially field mice, voles etc.
Sometimes think I've heard it all from "speed kills" to blaming slow drivers. It's so simple - it's impatient drivers who cause most accidents whether human or wild life.

Back