• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor 7 year old bonded pair

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Coming in on Tuesday.

They were inherited from her great Aunt when she passed on.
They are male and female, and the male has just come off medication as apparently he has abscesses in his lungs :cry: She said he will pass soon, between a few months and a year, the vet estimated.
As she hadn't the space for two, for the past week, one has been living with her, and the other her sister :cry: So the first thing i will do is reunite them back together.

Will be looking for a possible foster for them so he gets a happy end to his life and does not have to end it in rescue :cry:

This is such a sad story :cry: :cry: I do hope you can find someone to take them. I will ask my parents but I think they will be reluctant as they haven't had an ill bunny before

I wish I was closer, they're definitely not good candidates to travel long distance.

It's so sad them being parted :cry:

Are they indoor or outdoor buns?

I seriously can't imagine a bunny with abscesses in his lungs will live as long as a year :( especially if he has come off his medication, but I guess you never know.

Poor little things, at least they will be together again soon :love:

Oh that's so sad, poor little things must be really pining for each other :(

I'm so tempted but I really can't foster any more until my assignment is done and I've been away in September. Hope you manage to get something sorted soon for these two x

I think they are outdoors. Though it may be better for them to be in? :?

I did question the coming off medication but she said it was the vets decision.
Will try and get the surgery details to get a full history sent over to my vets.

That sounds sensible, at least it will give your vet an idea of what has been diagnosed, how, and what treatment has been given.

It could be that the bun has snuffles as that can cause respiratory tract abscesses, so it may not be quite as 'bad' as it sounds, and more in the explanation that the vet gave to the client than in the problem, if you see what I mean :lol:

Difficult to tell if it's better for them to be in really, I find that Santa is better outdoors in the fresh air, and I know other people's snuffly buns also get worse with central heating...but then still others are worse outdoors. I'm sure once you've got them and their vet notes, you'll be able to decide what is best for them :)

I hope they are okay, I just think it is so sad that after 7 years of being cared for, their last chance is to come into a rescue :cry:

Yeah it's definitely not ideal - but it's far better than them ending up being separated and kept alone for their final part of life :( Even if they don't find a forever home, at least they will be reunited, loved and looked after.

Back