• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone know what flowers these are?

devoted2buns

Mama Doe
My parents planted some flower seeds, one side of the garden nice flowers have grown. The other side we are not sure what is growing, someone asked what veg we are growing :shock: anyone know what the green plant is?

The nice side:
005.jpg

The other side:
006.jpg

:wave: just looked them up on google and i the yellow and black flowers are pansies and the big light blue ones are Geraniums and the small dark blue ones are bellflowers. The pictures totally match up to the names on google so don't blame me if im wrong, blame google...:D
Heres the website i looked them up on....
http://www.peterjhosey.com/Gardenflowers.aspx
hope the info is usefull
xxx :D

Geraniums/pelargonium - perennial sometimes - will often survive winter and self-seed from the year before - were there any planted last year or in a tub/basket near by?

Actually, not so sure - could be mallow? Will ask my dad this avo as heading back to Zummerset today to visit! He'll know instantly! :D:wave:

The deep blue ones are lobelia, the pale blue are petunias and the yellow ones are pansies.
I think the green leaves might end up as hollyhocks.:)

The deep blue ones are lobelia, the pale blue are petunias and the yellow ones are pansies.
I think the green leaves might end up as hollyhocks.:)

Yes hollyhocks!! I knew I recognised the leaves! :lol:
Also agree with the lobelia, petunia and pansies - but thought you were only asking about the green ones!! (pansies ok for buns I think, lobellia/petunia -not)
Still not sure....would have to see them! Photos are tricky :) Mallow, hollyhock or geranium :lol: all of which are bunny safe by the way :D

Last edited:
First picture Lobelia, Petunia (look like the small ones called Million Bell i think, Pansy from left to right.

Second picture the little ones winding round the tiny hurdle are weeds, the geranium shaped leaves look a bit too "lush" to be geraniums, could be hollyhocks I agree, but young ones so may not come to flower this year.

sorry really dont know anything about flowers, it was only the green ones we wanted to know, so they are flowers, not veg?

Yes, biennial or perennial (will last two years or many years) flowers - probably hollyhocks or mallow - both safe for buns to eat - like said above may flower next year as so small. Hollyhocks self seed very easily so likely to be those if neighbour grows them? Lovely plants! :D

You're lucky if they are hollyhocks, I love them but have never managed to grow them as my slugs and snails seem to love them too!

I'm not 100% convinced they are hollyhocks, I've a dozen seedlings about the same size and the leaves are more veiny and have an uneven edge.

Hi Julie, I asked my dad! i'm afraid he's not too certain either :shock:!! He said wait a few weeks and you'll find out! :lol: He thinks they could be a Rose Mallow - definitely not furry edged enough to be hollyhocks - but as seedlings it's just impossible to tell - so he said wait and enjoy the surprise! :lol:

My money is on Nasturtium's.

They will grow lovely red, orange and yellow flowers. Thankfully they are safe for rabbits to eat if you were worried about that. :D

Back