• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A piccies of our wee bird.-gutted and feel like giving up.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
A piccies of our wee bird, before it gets released this weekend. I think it is a sparrow. Its not a good photo because it won't sit still for a minute.
DSC00428.jpg

Last edited:
We put the wee bird in our newly built flight this afternoon, to let him build up some strength before being released. We didn't do it at the weekend as it was very heavy rain. Mike checked him at 4.00pm and he was fine, we checked again at 5.30 and he was dead. We are totally gutted and completely blame ourselves. We just feel like giving up, and we shouldn't be doing this anyway if things like this are going to happen- we're so upset.:(

We put the wee bird in our newly built flight this afternoon, to let him build up some strength before being released. We didn't do it at the weekend as it was very heavy rain. Mike checked him at 4.00pm and he was fine, we checked again at 5.30 and he was dead. We are totally gutted and completely blame ourselves. We just feel like giving up, and we shouldn't be doing this anyway if things like this are going to happen- we're so upset.:(

Oh no! what happened?

Awww hun please don,t blame yourselves.You are brilliant at what you do.Think of where all the animals you have saved would be now if you hadn,t rescued them.
Big hugs.

Aw hun, its not your fault....i know your feelin bad right now though, hugs from me.

RIP wee wild baby bird xx

I dont think you got it wrong, its just a terrible thing to happen.

You really shouldnt give up, there are so many people out there that wouldnt even try to help out animals. People like you need to keep going, even though these bad things happen that make you doubt it.

Back