• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Pickle and Pootle

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
The vet says they have to stay apart longer, until Pickle's wound scab comes off, and fur has grown....

How long does fur take to grow??? LOL

I let them play together for a bit in the evening but Pootle goes straight to the wound constantly.. I am not sure what to do as Pickle wants grooming but then because Pootle goes for his neck, I push her away... he must be getting so confused and upset.

Luckily they seem happy to see each other still as they are side by side in my living room (separated) so hopefully when he has fully healed they will go back together easily.

What have others done when there is a wound and you HAVE TO keep separate?

Hi, not sure as not been in this position myself but am sending lots of get well vibes and hoping his wound and fur heal up really soon. :D
We have had to separate our pair when Nino gets bloat badly for a few hours as after syringing Poppy sometimes gets a little aggressive trying to get the rest of the food off from around his face, and also tries to mount him :oops: But being with her and near her helps his recovery. It's such a tricky thing to balance. Hopefully as long as they can still touch noses and sniff through the bars they should be fine. Get well soon Pickle :):wave:

Back