• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Miss Bunny Penny Badly Hurt in Fight -U/D Healing Well Now :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Its all my fault :cry:

I have been doing lots of rebuilding and (supposedly) improvements to my Bunny accomodation. Last night I must have failed to secure the gate between Miss BP and Flynn, her husbun and Rodney and Chloe.

Rodney got in with Flynn and Miss BP and Miss BP now has a lump of flesh missing from her bum and a nasty wound on her neck :cry: I have bathed the wounds with Hibiscrub and she's had a shot of Baytril and Metacam. We are off to the Vets this morning as the wound on her bum will need suturing :cry:

Miss BP is 8 and her last GA was really bad and she stopped breathing :cry:

I feel like :censored:
I am so :censored: stupid

Please send vibes for Miss Bunny Penny

:cry:

Last edited:
Jane

I hope that everything goes ok today. Hopefully the wound can be glued instead of being sutured.

Sending healing vibes.

It would be nigh impossible not to have a mishap of this sort occasionally with so many bunnies. Try not to be too hard on yourself

I just feel so cross with myself.
I mean how hard is it to secure a :censored: gate...........

I was working on the enclosures til about 2am and I knew I was tired. I should have stopped much sooner then maybe I would not have become negligent.

At least Miss Bunny Penny does not appear to be feeling too sore and she is being her usual greedy self. The wound on her face looks worse than the one on her bum, but its really just superficial. I found the chunk of skin and fur from her bum on the floor of the enclosure :cry:

Sending vibes xxxx

You mustn't feel bad Jane, you were trying to do what is best for your bunnies, you love them so much you were up til 2am :shock: mistakes are bound to be made from time to time, but that's just what they are - mistakes! Everyone makes them! Don't beat yourself up!

Accidents and mistakes happen, it's part of being a fallible human being. All this means is that you are human and not a machine and not perfect, and all anyone can be is human.

I really hope that Miss Bunny Penny is ok and whatever the vet does causes her minimal problems.

Look after yourself.

Jane, there's no point kicking yourself about the gate - we're only human and we all make the occasional mistake here and there.
It could have been a LOT worse, and she's in the best hands for lots of tlc!

Jane, we have probably all done something like that at more than once. Accidents happen so don't go blaming yourself it is just one of those things. Hope Miss BP is ok and all goes well at the vets.

Back