• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny help........ wont come out.....

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
My new bunny Earl wont come out of his crate- its been open all day and all last night- its not the biggest crate hence its left open- he wont come out- i think the laminate scares him.

He is confident and likes cuddles but i have got him out a couple of times an he just hops back in slowly- he washes and eats in front of me so i know he is not scared- i dont know what to do

is he lazy or maybe not used to exercize in his last home? he isnt fat..... will he just exercize if he wants to?

My new bunny Earl wont come out of his crate- its been open all day and all last night- its not the biggest crate hence its left open- he wont come out- i think the laminate scares him.

He is confident and likes cuddles but i have got him out a couple of times an he just hops back in slowly- he washes and eats in front of me so i know he is not scared- i dont know what to do

is he lazy or maybe not used to exercize in his last home? he isnt fat..... will he just exercize if he wants to?

Can you put a rug or blanket down so he doesn't have to use to use the laminate, some buns find it too slippy at first

I reckon he'll get used to it after a while. I'm sure while he was waiting for a home he won't have had unlimited space, so he'll just need to get the courage up to go and explore for himself :)

Be patient with him - take it slowly and offer him food! Maybe get him a baby blanket or an old towel as bunnys HATE laminate as they skid all over it.

It will take time - spend lots of time and be patient x x x

When Sammy was a baby I had to put all the floor matts together so he wouldnt slipped about. It was like his little island he wouldnt come off of them but eventually he came round.
I used to find it quite handy as it meant I could give him a good brush without him running away but I think this is what made him determined to try the laminate flooring.

Back