• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding advice required please- what next?

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
is it sometimes the case that no matter how hard you work- some buns just wont bond?

I have an established bonded couple one male and female neutered- and as you may have read last night i adopted a male which im yet to find out if he is neutered......

I cant see the one male I had already wanting to bond with another male- yet it is my plan to find new male a female then bond the 4. Giving me a 2 male and 2 female group

Will this work? Will a rescue help me?

Did anyone else think there stroppy boy could never be bonded but was suprised?

Thanks

Jem

Theo, Cleo and Earl

I have a bonded group of 10 - 4 bucks and 6 does, all with different personalities and qualities. The bond wasn't an overnight success and took around 3 weeks before I felt confident enough to let them free range the garden.

If you need any help, give me or any of the Fat Fluffs team a shout.

I have that very combination you are aiming for except my boys were bonded and my girls were bonded before putting them altogether. It took a bit of time but well worth it at the end.

I thought my bossy bunny Pickle would never bond, but Janice at Arc bonded him to Pootle and he is well and truly under the thumb now LOL :lol:

i kinda need to know the same! :p sorry im not hijacking your thread but are 4 single buns(2 female 2 male) easier to bond than 2 pairs into 4?

I have a group of 4 (2 males / 2 females)

I have one pair (male/female) that have always been together except for op's & babies. They have always rebonded with no problems.

I kept two of the babies and these were together for a while but seperate as male/female until they were both done.

When I was looking into bonding all 4, i asked about if it was better to bond the 2 seperate bunnies into a pair and then bond all 4 and I was told to bond all 4 in one go.

I think bunnies get stressed through bonding so if you can do it only the once, that would be better than twice? - if that makes sense!

Mine were really easy to bond, however were related and could all see/hear/touch through bars each other for months before I went ahead and bonded them.

not sure if that helps?

Back