• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats best for Lucy please?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

Had Lucy to vet this morning and as she is a very nervous bunny she has weed all over herself.

Should I give her a little wipe with a flannel and warm water? Lola is humping her like crazy and I just want her to relax as she is very stressed.

What can I do to help calm her down and chill? Should I just leave her be?

I do - can I use them? She has eaten a bit of hay so seems OK, she only had her jabs but was very stressed.

Lola is INSCENSED that Lucy has been out without her!:lol:

I'd give her a quick wipe with baby wipes or a damp flannel, and quick dry with a towel and leave her in peace to chill out with something nice to munch on if she feels like it. If she's not unwell in any other way she will probably clean the rest of herself later, it is unlikely that she will get urine scald on just one occasion. If she looks a bit perkier in an hour or two and is still heavily stained then I would perhaps give her a quick bum bath and dry her thorougly, but you may find that wet flannel and her own grooming is enough :D
Poor bunny, don't worry, we've had a few vet wee accidents too, they can't always hold their bladders when they are nervous.

Im guessing she wee'd in the carrier and was sat in it? Silly mare.

Just clean her up or leave her be she will clean herself?

:wave:

next time could you take Lola and Lucy together to vet?-might give Lucy some comfort having Lola with her.Lola might be humping her as she smells different having been to the vet [have heard on here of buns needing to be rebonded after a solo trip to vet:(]

I think I am going to do that - thank you, Lola is fine now - scoffed her tea and did a few binkys and has even learnt to come down the stairs!

We have 5 rabbits and the timings of their vaccinations means that we are at the vets at least 5-6 times a year. We were advised by our rescue to take them all together so they all have a trip out (I let hubby carry the carrier - and it's not easy when they all move to one end :roll:). Sometimes we get a bonus check up for free at the vets because they offer to have a look at the buns not being vaccinated as well:).

It works well for us and we don't have any upset buns on return home so I would suggest you definitely give it a go next time Cat. Good luck and glad to hear Lucy is back to her normal self now :wave:

Back