• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mega Vibes needed PLEASE! :( Update - she's gone :(

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
I know she is not a rabbit, but please can we have vibes for one of our Guinea Pigs, Marmy (Marmalade) as she is very poorly.

Our lovely guinea savvy vet saw her but cannot distinguish what is wrong, she is just very lethargic and looks dreadful. She was fine this morning...it is scary how quickly they go down hill.

She has had Baytril, has been given pain relief and is now indoors with 2 friends next to a heat pad.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can our little girl have some vibes. Past experiences with this type of thing make me feel very uneasy :(

xxx

Last edited:
I have been watching her closely. She is taking the oral fluids very well (every couple of hours) and is enthusiastic about food but eats very slowly. I definately think it's her teeth.

She is booked in for a dental under GA tomorrow but I am so worried about her as she just seems so weak and lethargic.

Am I doing the right thing putting her through this? We are not 100% sure it's her teeth as the vet couldn't get a good look.

My poor girl...she keeps giving me false hope :( x

Last edited:
Marmalade passed away last night. She collapsed and died on the way to the vet :(

We decided to opt for a PM which revealed she had infectious fluid in her lungs which then led her to contract Pnemonia. There was absoluteky nothing we could have done for our little girl. :cry:

Back