• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrrr, how can we re-educate people?!

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Okay so in the grand scheme of things this is fairly minor, not a serious welfare issue or anything, but it really annoyed me.

I started my new job today, and getting to know people I discovered two others have got a single rabbit.

One keeps her boy in a nice big hutch and run :D BUT she used to work at a vets so is against operations that aren't entirely necessary, so won't get him neutered, so he will forever have to live alone :cry: but she has at least thought it through and has reasons for her choice.

The other has just finished uni, and said that she'll have to give up the bunny now she's moving out of her uni house - surely she knew when she got the bunny that she would be moving at the end of uni. And she didn't seem to care at all about giving it up. :cry: Why do people seem to see bunny as a temporary thing :evil:

to be truthful dependant on the bunny he may still be able to be paired up i gues sit depends on how amourous he is to the ladies tho. as for girl giving it up i wonder whether that is fulll reason? or if there have been other issues happen to? i hope the bunny finds a good home x :(

to be truthful dependant on the bunny he may still be able to be paired up i gues sit depends on how amourous he is to the ladies tho. as for girl giving it up i wonder whether that is fulll reason? or if there have been other issues happen to? i hope the bunny finds a good home x :(

Hopefully she wont pair him up with a female if she is against neutering though :?

ETA congratulations on the new job Libby :wave:

Hopefully she wont pair him up with a female if she is against neutering though :?

ETA congratulations on the new job Libby :wave:

Yes, when I asked her if she was gonna get him a buddy she said no, because she didn't want to have him neutered, so that's something I guess.

Thank you Liz!! :D Had a great day today, I work with some lovely people, love my new department, and got to meet my year 7 form today :D

Back