PDA

View Full Version : rabbit rehome car sticker-EVERYONES INPUT NEEDED!

bunny mad lisa
09-07-2009, 07:43 PM
hi all
as discussed in another thread it seems that alot of members would love a car stickers that lets the public know that there are rescue rabbits and you don't need to buy one!
dustyrabbit suggested the idea and Tamsin has given premission for us to do this. i have offered to design them and get them printed. I will then sell them at cost.
This is where you come in... below is an example of the kind of sticker we could have but i would like further input on wording,colour or pictures that you all think might be best. i will then do some further designs and display them for you all to see and then put it to a vote.
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk28/bunnymadlisa/RESCUEDECAL.jpg

SmokyJoe78
09-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I like it - right to the point :thumb:

caerleon
09-07-2009, 07:52 PM
same here!

Phoebesmummy9
09-07-2009, 07:54 PM
i like it and would deffo buy a few to stick on my dads car :lol::lol::lol:

keepingmesane
09-07-2009, 07:56 PM
i like it! and i would be very tempted to buy some to hand out to people too!

Hugo's There
09-07-2009, 07:59 PM
I love the design too but think it might stand out better in a bolder colour:?

bunny mad lisa
09-07-2009, 08:03 PM
great response so far!!
I still have to work out cost but the more i buy the better price i can get them. So if members are prepared to buy more than one we maybe looking at somewhere in the region of 1 each plus postage which i think is an affordable price even to give them away to friends. i also think they are a great idea to put as a little extra gift inside a card, especially at christmas.
what do we think tot he price?

bunny mad lisa
09-07-2009, 08:04 PM
please keep the comments coming...good or bad!! don't be shy now!

FudgeMallow
09-07-2009, 08:05 PM
I like it but can you not make it in all different coulours as i would have that colour and a blue to go in my car :) and a black to go in my bfs car:)

Great idea though, love it :)

Becca
09-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Looks great,the price is great too.I would deffo buy a few like you say to put in cards etc,fab idea.

Raven Rexs
09-07-2009, 08:41 PM
:)needs to be green to go with the website colours

louise and Gus
09-07-2009, 08:43 PM
:)needs to be green to go with the website colours

That's what I thought :)

Plus unless they are pretty big I think the writing will be too small so maybe cut down on the words?

Lib_n_bunny
09-07-2009, 08:44 PM
I love the design too but think it might stand out better in a bolder colour:?

Yep I agree and also a less girly colour - wider appeal?

Bunnyaddict
09-07-2009, 08:44 PM
I like it :D

Just a thought would there enough room to put something on to state that 30,000 end up in rescues each year (if that's the correct estimation) - I think that figure is really hard hitting & will hopefully have impact.

I think the price is great but would 1.50 stretch it a bit further to raise more money?

hurricanhoney
09-07-2009, 08:53 PM
I do like the colour but agree about it perhaps being green to match. I also think it needs some sort of wording which hits home and makes people want to rescue a bun.

bunny mad lisa
09-07-2009, 08:56 PM
liking the ideas, don't forget this is just a sample and there will be more designs to choose from once i have your input!

regarding size:they are 4.5inches square so writing needs to be limited to get it to stand out enough thats why we need to get it just right. i think the writing will be big enough and you have to remember that it will also be seen by passers by and not just drivers. they could also be displayed in your home windows and petshops if you can twist their arms!

regarding cost: i have chosen to do them at cost so more will be purchased as the initial idea is getting the public to know about rescue rabbits. I won't be making any profit on them so there is not margin to do them as a fundraiser i'm afraid

Becky86
09-07-2009, 09:01 PM
I think its fab. I think a green to match the logo of RU, and also a different picture :oops:

:) xXx

Lib_n_bunny
09-07-2009, 09:08 PM
I think its fab. I think a green to match the logo of RU, and also a different picture :oops:

:) xXx

I agree, altho its nice to have a photo, a logo/cartoon etc would be more eye-catching. Can you even put photos on car stickers -iv never seen it done before :?

martlou
09-07-2009, 09:08 PM
I agree with the suggestion to change the colour to green and tie in with the website. There shouldn't be too many words on the sticker though or it will lose it's impact. On The Apprentice when they 'remarketed' Margate and did posters they were told there shouldn't be more than 10 words on a poster for it to have best impact. I think the numbers of rabbits who end up in rescue each year is a very important statistic but I'm not sure a car sticker is the best place for it unfortunately. I would definitely buy a few, for me and my other bunny loving friends. Quite excited about this project, it's a great idea:D

*lily*
09-07-2009, 09:11 PM
I would agree that the wording needs to really make people WANT to rescue rather than go to a petshop.

Brilliant idea, and I would pay up to 5 for one :D

Lib_n_bunny
09-07-2009, 09:11 PM
I agree with the suggestion to change the colour to green and tie in with the website. There shouldn't be too many words on the sticker though or it will lose it's impact. On The Apprentice when they 'remarketed' Margate and did posters they were told there shouldn't be more than 10 words on a poster for it to have best impact. I think the numbers of rabbits who end up in rescue each year is a very important statistic but I'm not sure a car sticker is the best place for it unfortunately. I would definitely buy a few, for me and my other bunny loving friends. Quite excited about this project, it's a great idea:D

It is do-able though, e.g.
33,000 rabbits in rescues
Adopt, don't buy
www.rabbitrehome.co.uk

Not catchy I agree, but not many words and same message.

Sam_Spice
09-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Would definatly buy some :D Most people I know understand I'm rabbit mad so now I'm ready to announce it to strangers!! :lol:

CDW
09-07-2009, 09:13 PM
I think it looks really good! I would buy some...

martlou
09-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Actually Lib_n_bunny, I think that's really good and prefer to the original suggestion. Good thinking!:)

Bunnyaddict
09-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Adopt, don't buy
www.rabbitrehome.co.uk

I think that's great! :D:D:D

BeatrixPotter
09-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Adopt, don't buy
www.rabbitrehome.co.uk

I think thats great! Short and to the point. I also agree about a brighter colour. I will definately be buying one or two!

Bunny Buddy
09-07-2009, 09:28 PM
I agree with the statistics being on the sticker - I for one didn't have a clue that anything like that number of rabbits needed homes when I got Esme a little over a year ago (from a pet shop) :oops:

I would also personally prefer a photograph to a cartoon - it makes it more real, again more hard hitting.

No great opinion on colour - although the purple sampler does match my car ;):lol:

HoppingBinky
09-07-2009, 09:55 PM
I think the statistics is a great idea, i wonder if it would be possible to do 2 different designs so that people have the choice of having statistics on or one without:oops:. I think green would be a great idea to match the website or even do one in red as an example and one in green.I would definatly buy more than one as i could put them in my window,car,work locker,vets and send them to my friends.:D

FudgeMallow
09-07-2009, 09:58 PM
I think the statistics is a great idea, i wonder if it would be possible to do 2 different designs so that people have the choice of having statistics on or one without:oops:. I think green would be a great idea to match the website or even do one in red as an example and one in green.I would definatly buy more than one as i could put them in my window,car,work locker,vets and send them to my friends.:D

Yeh thats a good idea then i can have both in my car and it may attract more people :)

RubyGordy
09-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Lib n Bunny has more or less said what I was thinking. It needs to be short, sharp and snappy - it needs to hit home. The 30,000 statistic is vital.

I have some advertising on the back windscreen of my car for my petsitting business. I find that white text shows up best if not on a background colour. But green is always a good colour for animal/wildlife advertising and mixed with orange/yellow looks stunning. Check out this strip I had done for the rear window by my friend who is into marketing/design and who did my website. I love the colours. I'd buy quite a few stickers whatever as I have lots of rabbit owning customers who are going to get them! :lol:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rozzy.p/ddsticker.JPG

Boudicca
10-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Fantastic idea guys :thumb:

When the sticker is available would it be possible to do a global pm to all RUers? As Im sure there are many occassional posters who would love a sticker but might miss this thread!

Ironically I was thinking of getting myself a long banner for the back of my car about not buying small hutches, my pet hate!

Phill
10-07-2009, 09:22 AM
good start Lisa! I will def be wanting one for my car, maybe i could get away with sticking one in my sisters, and my mum would want one, but i agree with others i think it should be green to match the RR website, i think a different bunny picture could be good too, one thats maybe a little clearer. And i agree with Lib_n_bunny and like the lines shes has given

RubyGordy
10-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Maybe a pic of a bunny looking sad and lonely might tug at heart stings?

Are they going to be stickers for the interior of a car window or stickers that you can attach anywhere? Or both?

It's a fab idea. I want them now! :lol:

Dustyrabbit
10-07-2009, 10:09 AM
So glad this has taken off :)

I know its personal idea's but I think :-

A "strip" syle sticker fits in the car better and doesn't restrict visability so much.

I don't think the colour needs to match the website - remember its the unconverted we want to grab and they don't know the websites colours so just eyecatching colours.

I don't think it necessarily needs to state figures it just needs to be eyecatching to someone who's concidering a rabbit (cute bunny picture) and sow the seed of the idea that there are rabbits who need a second chance and a link to somewhere (RR) where they can find out more.

Can't wait to order my stickers the expected price is excellent in my view.

clarebear
10-07-2009, 11:04 AM
I really like your design, it's brilliant and that photo is so cute! We've got 4 cars to put stickers in, and I know my friend would have one for her car too!

kayj
10-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Lisa, just get your finger out and get them sorted;):lol::lol::lol:
I want some as they are a good idea for rescues to buy and give away when adoptions have been done:D

ecudc
10-07-2009, 12:27 PM
I like the sticker. I think that it's simple, raises and makes a subtle point without trying to make people feel guilty. It is true that strip stickers are better for the backs of cars but I don't know if your supplier (I imagine the same as the cards?) can do strips. I think they are only as shown.

devoted2buns
10-07-2009, 12:29 PM
looks good, i'd buy one!!

GrunBunMum
10-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Love this idea, when I read the orginal post I was so hoping it take off, think the sticker will def need a pic of a very cute bunny. Can imagine me walking to the pub and seeing it in a car window, if it have a cute pic on it would def make me stop and awwww it then have a read. Id be well into buying some for Boris n Florries grandparents, aunties n uncles cars.

bunny mad lisa
10-07-2009, 01:22 PM
such great input!!

colour:lots of people have suggested green but i will include a couple of colour ideas in the final designs to choose from

size: my supplier only does the square ones but i do have them in my car and they fit great in the corners or even the side windows

picture:most people have suggested a photo, i do have lots of different photos so could maybe find a better bolder picture, i personally would be more drawn to a photo as i wouldn'y be able to stop myself from looking at a cute bunny!LOL!

I have a few more ideas now so i think i'll do a couple of new designs and then we can see what we think again and get it narrowed down for the final designs.

thanks everyone!

kgattrell
10-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Just something I thought I'd mention as the shop I work in sells car stickers

Are they going to be self cling or sticky... As I find self cling sell more as they don't damage the car windscreens and can be moved from old car to new car easier..

Just a thought

bunny mad lisa
10-07-2009, 07:18 PM
they are self cling and will stick to the inside of the window and yes i agree these are much better and can be moved easily!

Becky86
10-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I think the picture needs changing to maybe 1 uppy eared bun, 1 lop eared bun if possible. I think it'll be fab once done. We ought to have had some sort of photo competition for the pic for the sticker... so we were raising some sort of money for rescues.

Looking foward to the outcome :) xXx

bunny mad lisa
10-07-2009, 08:05 PM
a competition would have been a good idea but would take too much time now.

would members prefer to make this a fundraiser? or would it perhaps be better to make them as cheap as possible which will then mean that more will be bought and displayed and so help rabbits anyway.

Hugo's There
10-07-2009, 08:15 PM
would members prefer to make this a fundraiser? or would it perhaps be better to make them as cheap as possible which will then mean that more will be bought and displayed and so help rabbits anyway.

Maybe combine the two ideas, sell them at cost with the option of adding a donation if you want to :)

that way rescues can by plenty cheaply and others can help out with fundraising if they want too

thumps_
10-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Maybe combine the two ideas, sell them at cost with the option of adding a donation if you want to :)

that way rescues can by plenty cheaply and others can help out with fundraising if they want too

Excellent idea, :) We might be able to hand them out to friends too.

Dustyrabbit
11-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Glad to hear they are self cling - hate that other kind.

Good idea to have the optional charity donation - maybe Lisa should pick the charity as she's doing all the work.

Carol and Gregory
11-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Can't wait to get my sticker! Already got a 'Santa Please Stop Here' bunny sticker, and an 'Everybody needs Somebunny to love' one in my car, which my friends admire/laugh at, so they'll be pleased to see another one!

Minimallow
11-07-2009, 09:10 PM
I think what you had was good. It says what its all about and thats whats needed :) Id definately buy some

p_prod_uk
12-07-2009, 11:18 PM
I'd def buy one. I think it's great that it has the hard-hitting figure of buns in rescue too - I for one never knew that was the figure until a few years ago (courtesy of RU! :D)

bunny mad lisa
13-07-2009, 05:07 PM
i'm just working on another design idea then i'll post it up for some more input. Hopefully we'll be getting close to what we want and then we can put the final designs to a vote!

shelley1977
13-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Great,i will definitely get one for my car maybe one for my window too.

Shelley

bunny mad lisa
13-07-2009, 08:34 PM
what about this one? i've changed wording, colour and photo (an RU bunny, Ivy)so let me know what you do and don't like about this one! as it's a large picture it may look a little blurry but when printed the writing will be bold and crisp.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk28/bunnymadlisa/RABBITDECAL.jpg

Jemma&Theo
13-07-2009, 08:36 PM
what about this one? i've changed wording, colour and photo (an RU bunny, Ivy)so let me know what you do and don't like about this one! as it's a large picture it may look a little blurry but when printed the writing will be bold and crisp.

I LOVE it !!!:D:D:D:D:D

lostunicorn
13-07-2009, 08:39 PM
What about having a line saying "for more information and a Resuce website/Adoption websites/RU addy" on the bottom?

Love the idea and will get about 20 :) as presents for cards etc:)

keepingmesane
13-07-2009, 08:46 PM
one word... PERFECT :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jemma&Theo
13-07-2009, 08:47 PM
What about having a line saying "for more information and a Resuce website/Adoption websites/RU addy" on the bottom?

Love the idea and will get about 20 :) as presents for cards etc:)

the text will be too small with all that on it- but i like your thinkin- it needs to be readable from the car behind!!!

i think its the mutts nutts

Carol and Gregory
13-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Really like that one! Good job!

Dustyrabbit
13-07-2009, 08:56 PM
I like this design too. I was going to say that I prefer the wording on the first one, as I thought the wording on this one suggests I will find out in general about buns in rescue when I want to see buns looking for homes if you see what I mean. But on second thoughts I think it says it all.

Beautiful modelling Ivy - hope you're charging your usual fee:lol:

Will the guinea pig rehome be getting a piggie version?

Becky86
13-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I like it :love: Only 1 point, i do think the pic should be of 2 bunnies because of keeping bunnies in pairs etc :? I do like it though :love: xXx

loopylop
13-07-2009, 09:12 PM

I think that is fabby!!! Well done Lisa! I hope you know when these go up for sale, its going to be maaaaaaaaaaaad :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bunny mad lisa
13-07-2009, 09:23 PM
oooh seems we are getting there!!!
i can see I'm gonna be soooo busy when these go on sale!!!who needs sleep anyways!!LOL! it's all in a good cause!

mini lop1
13-07-2009, 09:28 PM
I think that is fabby!!! Well done Lisa! I hope you know when these go up for sale, its going to be maaaaaaaaaaaad :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:love::love: this one is fantastic

hurricanhoney
13-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Looks fab. :)

FudgeMallow
13-07-2009, 09:34 PM
PERFECT.
Straight to the point, bold but not TOO in your face, Gorgeous pic, has the number of rabbits to hit people hard and has the website, what more could you want :D

Love it, can wait to get some now :wave:

FudgeMallow
13-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Infact, i do like the old one too.
Is there no way you could have 2 made so people have a choice?? (I want them both :lol:)

Lib_n_bunny
13-07-2009, 09:39 PM
I like it :love: Only 1 point, i do think the pic should be of 2 bunnies because of keeping bunnies in pairs etc :? I do like it though :love: xXx

Yep I agree with that :D Otherwise, absolutely fab :)

callalilylops
13-07-2009, 09:40 PM
lovely design BUT i don't think the slogan 'adopt don't buy' is the best. because when you adopt a rabbit -you are basically buying one, just from a rescue centre. as you have to give a 'donation' to the rescue, which is basically payment for the neutering or vaccinations. so you're still BUYING the rabbit/s...right?

Mumtobuns
13-07-2009, 09:44 PM

I would buy some happily! And I would be happy to add a donation to a rescue. Maybe it could be a bit like secret santa?? Pay a bit off vets bills for rescues? Sorry if that'll be really hard to administer!!! :oops:

I like both of them loads - and would have one of each in my car (will make hubby have at least one!!!) Any chance of black and hot pink?? ;) :lol:

Phill
14-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Oh i love it! :love:

Michelle666
14-07-2009, 08:42 AM
lovely design BUT i don't think the slogan 'adopt don't buy' is the best. because when you adopt a rabbit -you are basically buying one, just from a rescue centre. as you have to give a 'donation' to the rescue, which is basically payment for the neutering or vaccinations. so you're still BUYING the rabbit/s...right?

This is true, but you are adopting an unwated rabbit and giving it a forever home, as apposed to buying from a breeder, for them to make money.
Adopting/rehoming is the message we need to send out to people as apposed to buying!

I love the sticker, I also agree there should be two buns, as people dont seem to realise that rabbits should be kept in pairs!

clarebear
14-07-2009, 09:43 AM
I still love your original one! Want one now ;)

JessieP
14-07-2009, 02:45 PM
I like them all!
When can we get them?:D

bunlover
14-07-2009, 03:55 PM

brilliant i like that one

Rachie
14-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Why have I not seen this thread before? :shock:

I think its FANTASTIC!
I def want one for my car!

Dustyrabbit
14-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Why have I not seen this thread before? :shock:

I think its FANTASTIC!
I def want one for my car!

Where have you beeeeen Rachie!:lol: You could have missed out!

bunny mad lisa
14-07-2009, 06:22 PM
so far so good! there just seems to be a couple of points memebers have not agreed on:

adopt don't buy: most seem to like this but no everyone, i personally like it but we could go with something like "rescue a rabbit"

the picture: i used this one as it is a nice,clear, bold picture. I do understand the points about putting 2 bunnies on it and thats why i did put 2 on the origional but i do prefer the picture of the one bunny as i think it stands out more.

having more than one design: i could do this but it does mean i have to buy an awful lot of stickers! so what i did think i would do is do one design to start with and if it is a big hit i will do a different one in the near future, i could them incorporate some other ideas.

keep your input coming and in a few days i'll putit to a vote

caerleon
14-07-2009, 06:29 PM
i like the second one better, with the ru colours and solgan etc, but agree it should have two buns on as most people will think its ok to just adopt one:)

Bunnyaddict
14-07-2009, 06:29 PM

I agree with Becky's point about having 2 bunnies on it :)

Other than that I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :love:

Can't wait to order some :D

bunny mad lisa
14-07-2009, 06:35 PM
i think what i'll do is do 3 designs and put it to a vote at the end of the week when everyone has had chance to have their say.
I will include on these different pictures with 1 and 2 bunnies.

mini lop1
14-07-2009, 06:37 PM
i think what i'll do is do 3 designs and put it to a vote at the end of the week when everyone has had chance to have their say.
I will include on these different pictures with 1 and 2 bunnies.

good idea :wave:

Becky86
14-07-2009, 06:38 PM
I cant wait to get one Lisa... keep checking everyday to see if theyre on sale!! :oops::oops:

I wasnt being funny about the 1 bunny, its just it may give people the wrong impression about keeping bunnies alone :( Bunnies live best in pairs, which is why i think a pair of buns would come across better for people with less knowledge :)

Either way, i will still buy the stickers!! :lol: xXx

kgattrell
14-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I like the second design but prefer the wording Rescue a Rabbit ...

Tugs on the heartstrings a bit more

Dustyrabbit
14-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Personally I don't think we need to get caught up in 1 rabbit or 2 because its just a picture to draw people in - we can educate them later but we need to grab their attention first so I think whatever is eyecatching. Likewise the wording, so long as it gets them to take a look at RR we've done the job we set out to do everything else is there at their fingertips.

*Spider*
14-07-2009, 07:33 PM
I hope it's not purple.. it will clash with my car! (Red) Can we make it a colour to match my car :mrgreen: (Only joking of course :lol:)

*Spider*
14-07-2009, 07:35 PM

I like this a lot.

Glingle
14-07-2009, 08:51 PM
I hope it's not purple.. it will clash with my car! (Red) Can we make it a colour to match my car :mrgreen: (Only joking of course :lol:)I wanna purple one :p I think it's a fab idea to do this sticker, can't wait to buy a couple.

huppie
15-07-2009, 08:41 AM
'Adopt Don't Buy' is defo the way forward :thumb:

Lib_n_bunny
15-07-2009, 09:04 AM
'Adopt Don't Buy' is defo the way forward :thumb:

*smug grin*

drpengie
15-07-2009, 09:05 AM

this is fab!!! :love:

Dustyrabbit
15-07-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm thinking now we need a poster to put up in vets and petshops/feed suppliers etc as well.

Boudicca
15-07-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm thinking now we need a poster to put up in vets and petshops/feed suppliers etc as well.

Nooo I can already feel the urge to sneak round at night plastering them on pet shop windows :lol:

Dustyrabbit
15-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Nooo I can already feel the urge to sneak round at night plastering them on pet shop windows :lol:

Don't suppress that urge its a good one!

FudgeMallow
15-07-2009, 01:00 PM
I dont think it matters if the pic is of one or two bunnies as most rescue wont give a single bun away unless being boned with a previous bun :)

I think the only rescue that i know of that gives single buns homes is SSPCA, ive never seen a bonded bun there before!!!

Still love both, i cant decide on just one :roll:

Lib_n_bunny
15-07-2009, 01:03 PM
I dont think it matters if the pic is of one or two bunnies as most rescue wont give a single bun away unless being boned with a previous bun :)

:shock::lol:

LilVicky
15-07-2009, 01:07 PM
i think the stickers are a fantastic idea.
:love::love:

prettylupin
15-07-2009, 02:13 PM
i think the stickers are a fantastic idea.
:love::love:

Yes me too! I will definitely put one on the car much to my OH's embarassment - it's his company car tee hee! :lol: Gets the message spread around though!
If you could make it peel on peel off rather than glue adhesive that would be much preferred. :D:wave:

FudgeMallow
15-07-2009, 02:17 PM
:shock::lol:

:shock::shock::shock: Dirty buggers :lol::lol::lol:

Rachie
15-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Where have you beeeeen Rachie!:lol: You could have missed out!

I've been living in a sealed biscuit tin it seems :shock:

Dustyrabbit
15-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I've been living in a sealed biscuit tin it seems :shock:

I've been wondering who eats all the biscuits - now I know!

Stop eating biscuits straight away and prepare to order your RR Car Stickers!

bunny mad lisa
16-07-2009, 01:49 PM

there is a poster on the RR website to download and we do also have another as there was a comptition run for it and my design was chosen, i don't understand where this has dissappered too so shall ask Tamsin. If anyone would like the new one to download and print off please pm me with yur email address and i'll send it to you. I did also give it out free in issue 7 of Bunny Mad magazine.