• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Must stop going to the garden centre

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
My son and I popped to the garden centre this morning to pick up hay. I only go there for the hay. Its really good and not very expensive and all 4 of my buns love it.

To get to the hay we had to go through the pet bit. My son likes a particular orange snake so we always have to say hello to it.

They had gorgeous baby mini rex buns for sale. They had 4 males in together and on the sign on the cage it said, 'MUST BE KEPT ALONE'. There was nothing about why or how they could be neutered and live in pairs with females. I felt so sad for them I hunted down the pet manager and told him of my concerns. To his credit he did listen to me and said he would change the sign to suggest neutering. Might have to pop back in a few days to make sure he's done it.

It was because they are male. It was the garden centre who orginally told me that Peter would have to live alone. Luckily for Peter I didnt trust them and found RU. Now he is neutered and living very happily with his wifebun Mopsy.

It was because they are male. It was the garden centre who orginally told me that Peter would have to live alone. Luckily for Peter I didnt trust them and found RU. Now he is neutered and living very happily with his wifebun Mopsy.

Thats so sad :cry: to think people actually take advice from these people and buy single buns from them :cry:

I dont go to garden centres anymore or pets at home because i fall in love with all the animals :oops: my sisters probably the worst offender though last year my dad took her up to teh garden centre (as his gf wanted to a few things from there) my sister came home with a rabbit :shock: we had no spare hutch or cage for it she didnt think about this when buying it :roll: i made her rehome it though :( (found a good home for her aswell down in stoke on trent)

Is it one begininng with N and ending with s? They don't really check how animal savvy their staff are from my experience, so lots of bad advice can be given out :?

Is it one begininng with N and ending with s? They don't really check how animal savvy their staff are from my experience, so lots of bad advice can be given out :?

No its not. I really dont think they are that animal savvy at all. I also noticed an ad on my way out for a new manager of the pets bit and it didnt say that lots of animal knowledge was necessary.

Methinks that this garden centre is in Badshot Lea maybe? If it is, then I despair with them. No idea at all.

Good on you for trying to do something about it. I'd like to start trying to tackle some of the local garden centres Becky, you up for joining in?

Helen

Methinks that this garden centre is in Badshot Lea maybe? If it is, then I despair with them. No idea at all.

Good on you for trying to do something about it. I'd like to start trying to tackle some of the local garden centres Becky, you up for joining in?

Helen

Yes you are quite right! Thats exactly where it is! I would love to help tackle the garden centres. I would like to start with the very tiny hutches available at this one labeled as rabbit hutches.:censored:

Yes you are quite right! Thats exactly where it is! I would love to help tackle the garden centres. I would like to start with the very tiny hutches available at this one labeled as rabbit hutches.:censored:

Maybe you could apply for the managers position!!!

I'm up for tackling these places...we should go on mass! ;)

Back