• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so angry, need to vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystic.kitty

Mama Doe
I hope this is in the right place, mods feel free to move it if its not.

I'm a member of a few other forums (non rabbit related) and someone has come on saying that their rabbits, sex unknown have been mounting each other and now there is a nest in the hutch.

I told them to take them to a vets immediatlely and get them sexed and checked out for pregnancy.

They came back saying they can't afford vets fees, and had a go at me for being able to afford them.

I'm so angry that they have the pets but won't take them to the vets, I'm angry that more unwanted rabbits may be about to enter this world and they don't seem to see it as a problem.

I called them irresponsible and they had a go at me for that too.

I believe that if you can't afford to look after an animal properly then you shouldn't have it. I would go into debt for my animals health.

I hope this is in the right place, mods feel free to move it if its not.

I'm a member of a few other forums (non rabbit related) and someone has come on saying that their rabbits, sex unknown have been mounting each other and now there is a nest in the hutch.

I told them to take them to a vets immediatlely and get them sexed and checked out for pregnancy.

They came back saying they can't afford vets fees, and had a go at me for being able to afford them.

I'm so angry that they have the pets but won't take them to the vets, I'm angry that more unwanted rabbits may be about to enter this world and they don't seem to see it as a problem.

I called them irresponsible and they had a go at me for that too.

I believe that if you can't afford to look after an animal properly then you shouldn't have it. I would go into debt for my animals health.

iv come 2 the wrong forum y do people poke there nose in 2 others affairs i love my rabbits and love breeding them and would never let them come 2 any danger. but wat i do is my buisness just like its theres buisness and im not surprised they had ago at you we have a women in the petshop always saying u dont wanna do this or that my husbands bread them from when he was a young lad so we no about rabbits maybe she should stop buying rabbits off people 4 couple quid then selling them for 25 quid 2 gooders keep looking after there own and not try telling other peopl
thats just my opinion

I guess you pointed out that it will be even more expensive if they leave it til the last minute and the doe gets into trouble giving birth?

iv come 2 the wrong forum y do people poke there nose in 2 others affairs i love my rabbits and love breeding them and would never let them come 2 any danger. but wat i do is my buisness just like its theres buisness and im not surprised they had ago at you we have a women in the petshop always saying u dont wanna do this or that my husbands bread them from when he was a young lad so we no about rabbits maybe she should stop buying rabbits off people 4 couple quid then selling them for 25 quid 2 gooders keep looking after there own and not try telling other peopl
thats just my opinion

If you don't want other people's opinions, don't come on to a public forum and ask for them.

people on here dont see breeding as a good life for the rabbit and why breed when there are thousands of unwanted bunny's in rescues? Quick thrill and a couple of quid for you, us rescues = over loaded, mentally and physically exhausted 365 days a year. Thats my opinion. :evil:

people on here dont see breeding as a good life for the rabbit and why breed when there are thousands of unwanted bunny's in rescues? Quick thrill and a couple of quid for you, us rescues = over loaded, mentally and physically exhausted 365 days a year. Thats my opinion. :evil:

She doesn't want other people's opinions hun :roll:

thats just my opinion

Personally I think people ought to find a better hobby to spend their time doing as opposed to bring more animals in the world when so many are sat waiting for homes.

I don't understand it when people say they don't breed to make money....well why do it then....... because they 'love' it..... there are better things to spend your time and money on instead of adding to the problem.

If people didn't interfere or state their opinion, keeping their nose out of others businesses etc, then more animals would suffer. But obviously that's ok, because people should mind their own business shouldn't they :roll:

The way i see it, some breeding rabbits have horrible lives, but then some have good lives so thats irrelevant..my point is, as good a life that you can give your breeding bun you can give them a BETTER life no matter how good it is, if you stopped breeding because bunny could have a neutured companion and bunnies need companions.

so if you love your rabbits i would do just that. I bred my rabbits once, nearly three years ago, found this forum and realised, yeh, my rabbits are happy, they have big hutches BUT they would be HAPPIER neutured and bonded into pairs, and i tell you they have never been happier.

My rabbits never suffered but you can make a bunnies quality of life so much better just simply by neutering and having companions.

If they're that ignorant to rabbit health then they shouldn't have one.Breeding is up to the individual and as long as they are going to a rabbit savvy home with keen animal lovers,that's great. But there are so many unwanted buns that need loving carering homes. I would adopt many if i could. The way they see it is i can't afford a vets (try pdsa):roll: so they will just have loads of kits running around which will either be sold to irresponsible people and end up in a rescue later.Or will just be killed.:evil::(

thats just my opinion

I think you've come to the wrong forum too. This forum is one where people may discuss alsorts and accept a difference of opinion.

I don't actually understand why you even bothered to post and didn't just disappear without comment if you feel this way.

By the way, your spelling is appalling.

The way i see it, some breeding rabbits have horrible lives, but then some have good lives so thats irrelevant..my point is, as good a life that you can give your breeding bun you can give them a BETTER life no matter how good it is, if you stopped breeding because bunny could have a neutured companion and bunnies need companions.

Well put, I never really thought about that aspect of the argument before :)

thats just my opinion

Just my opinion for what it's worth & I don't care how you take my comment.

To be honest you appear to have no clue about rabbit welfare or about actually how rabbits should be bread. Whether you love them or not - you obviously do not love them enough not to put them through breeding them :evil:

I assume you keep your rabbits in accomodation with plenty of space that meets their needs, have available funds to meet all necessary vet bills including any babies, including vaccination, feed them a good quality diet with 90% hay as part of it & are willing to have bunnies neutered & speyed to prevent unnecssary illnesses & help them live happier lives in at least pairs of rabbits? If not you really need to re-think your plans to breed them & stop being so irresponsble by adding to the 30,000 plus rabbits per year that end up in rescues because of people like you.

BTW Have you heard of the Rabbit Welfare Association? If not you might want to take a look at their website & educate yourself on bunnies!

thats just my opinion
You wavered the fact that you breed rabbits. What good does this mentally do you? Do you have enough space to accomodate the parents and babies? And what are their diets like?

Last edited:
By the way, your spelling is appalling.

:lol::lol: that made me laugh....well said!

How reassuring to know that this is the sort of person bringing the unwanted rabbit population closer to crisis.... ah the dulcet tones of the educated backyard breeder! :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back