• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would a trio work?

Nessajay

Young Bun
I currently have 2 rabbits who are half brother and sister. the boy has already had his operation, and is a year and a bit old, and the female is coming up to her operation (spadded). I've resently been considering getting another rabbit. the current two live in a giant god creat which is almost 2m by 1 1/2m. would I beable to get another rabbit to live with them? I was considering a buck, but would a doe be better?

They also have the whole living room to run about in and I'm sorting out a run for outside.

I currently have 2 rabbits who are half brother and sister. the boy has already had his operation, and is a year and a bit old, and the female is coming up to her operation (spadded). I've resently been considering getting another rabbit. the current two live in a giant god creat which is almost 2m by 1 1/2m. would I beable to get another rabbit to live with them? I was considering a buck, but would a doe be better?

They also have the whole living room to run about in and I'm sorting out a run for outside.

Threes are tricky! They can work but they can equally go wrong and sometimes even split up an existing pair. It all depends on bunny temperament and skill of bonding I think. If you do try it I would go for a female rather than a male and all rabbits should be neutered. Neutral territory is essential. We've had referred aggression problems with a third bunny around our pair and I know of someone who's trio bonding didn't work despite the best hands in the business doing it for her. It's all down to the rabbits and their personality and the experience of the people doing the bonding I think. We decided not to risk it again. Good luck whatever you decide :)

Back