• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutralising shed and everything else!

Sorry, could someone remind me how much water and white vinegar I need to neutralise the buns shed etc

Is is 1 part vinegar to 10 parts water?

Thanks

does that mean Honey is joining the boys???????

Hello:wave::wave:
They're off to Kris' at Starlights tomorrow.
I am extrmemly nervous about it, but trust Kris to do it!! Hopefully all will be o.k

Will really miss Honey being indoors though!:(:(

How are your little trio - all behaving nicely I hope?:):)

well they are getting on fine but Sparkle has put on loads of weight because she eats all Tyson and Bruno's food. They like to nibble at it thru the night but she just eats it all at once. They have lost a little bit and she's put on loads. Consequently she is back inside now at night so that I can monitor what she eats. It doesn't seem to have bothered them all - in fact I think Ty and Bru are glad now that they don't have to fight her for their food!!!!
Might put her outside again when she slims down or might not - like you I love having a house bun. We'll have to see.
I can't wait to see how Honey gets on with her boys - I am sure she will be fine just like mine. Perhaps she will be the boss like Sparkle is!!!

forgot to say once Sparkle was introduced to Ty and Bru it stopped their fighting in the garden - they don't do it now so hopefully Honey will sort her two brothers out

well they are getting on fine but Sparkle has put on loads of weight because she eats all Tyson and Bruno's food. They like to nibble at it thru the night but she just eats it all at once. They have lost a little bit and she's put on loads. Consequently she is back inside now at night so that I can monitor what she eats. It doesn't seem to have bothered them all - in fact I think Ty and Bru are glad now that they don't have to fight her for their food!!!!
Might put her outside again when she slims down or might not - like you I love having a house bun. We'll have to see.
I can't wait to see how Honey gets on with her boys - I am sure she will be fine just like mine. Perhaps she will be the boss like Sparkle is!!!

Sparkle sounds just like Honey!! She too will no doubt out-eat the boys! She is a big girl - not fat, just big! Poor Ernie is tiny in comparrison.
I was out with them just now, thinking, you 2 just don't know what's gonna hit you. I think she will be the boss!!! The boys are quite lazy now and she is quite lively. We'll have to wait and see. But I will miss her if it all works out!
If not, then she can come back indoors until we can sort a decent outdoor house for her (with all the luxuries, she's enjoyed indoors!!:lol::lol:)

I am so pleased your 3 are good though. It's them I think about, when i think about my 3 together - gives me hope!!

My boys haven't had a fight for a long time now (touches wood and everything crossed) which is why I hope trying this bonding doesn't upset them again.
I'm sure Kris will do a great job and I know she won't persisit if she doesn't think it will work.
God I'm going to miss them though!:cry::cry:

I know it's hard isn't it? I love having Sparkle around and luckily for me I can have her indoors and still allow her to play out with Ty and Bru - for some bizarre reason it seems to work.
I thought, at one point, that her messy bottom was because she was missing the boys but I now I think it was because she was getting so fat!!!!
I now realise just how different girl rabbits are to boys. My boys are really laid back and relaxed and Sparkle is a little stress-head (got that word off my teenage son).:lol:

I use 50:50 water : vinegar which makes a lovely smell but does a good job at removing all known smells.

Back