• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are my buns happy?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

I give my buns their breakfast about 8am and let them out in the garden, they go straight under the benches and sit there. Im worried they are not getting enough exercise - they just seem to want to sit and snooze all day - the garden is lovely - but I have let them out this morning - and they ate their breakfast. Lola is not under the coffee table and will probably remain there til tea time If I let her and Lucy is in the garden under the bench.

I give them treat balls and toys and they are just not interested.

Are my buns happy?

Is there anything I can do to stop them being such lazy moos?

I want them to be happy but all they do is sit:(

If they have the choice to run about or just sit and they choose to sit then i would say they were happy. How long have they been so sedentary? It may be the weather, Frankie is awfully lethargic when he goes out in the run but he really does not like the weather at the moment.

They have always been like it. As soon as breakfast is over - I put them in the garden where there is grass and herbs and boxes and tunnels etc but they just sit:(

Blinking slobs!

Hector and Honey are just the same - they don't seem interested in toys and their very favourite thing is finding nice comfy spots for snoozing in! I think they are happy bunnies though - just a bit lazy!

well buns are general more active in the evening time. sounds like their happy enough and yeah as sistermoon beam says it could be the weather too.

im sure they are happy, if they have the choice to run around or just relax, Cookie is like that she hops about a little and has a lie down and id say she seem pretty happy, where as Lola darts about the place like a crazy bun

mine all snooze in the day and run around about teatime onwards. I'd say it's perfectly normal - if mine are normal of course and not sure about that :lol:

Hiya :wave:
Cookie and Milo are exactly the same, as soon as breakfast is over, they're stretched out fast asleep for pretty much the whole day - Cookie even moves her hay over so she can reach it while she's laying down! :roll::lol:

The only time they get up is to go and use their litter tray or have a drink.

They only really become active in the evening when I feed them, and they then go in the garden for the rest of the evening till bed time and spend about 4 hours binkying all over the place and stuffing themselves with every plant and blade of grass they can find in the garden :roll::lol::love:

If your buns have lots of space and choose to lie under things and chill out then I'd say they must be happy relaxed bunsters :D:love:

That's bunnies for you! I watch the wildies out the window and they basically sit there sunning it and eating all day :roll: Only time they move is to bolt back to their burrows!

Bunnies are most active at dawn an dusk and will tend to sleep during the day, try popping them outside at 6am ish or after 5pm for a bit if its not to dark, they will probably have more of a run :)

Buns are crepuscular - active early morning and evening! Problem with summer is that it gets light early so they're probably full of energy when you're sound asleep! :lol:
If we get up late our buns will already be snoozing! But if my OH lets them out into the house or run in the garden before he goes to work around 6.30-7 then they are full of beans....how about getting up earlier?! :lol: Says me who generally doesn't get up til 10! :oops:

Id say they are deffo happy, you love them two and they get spoiled rotten, whats not to be happy about!!

Amber is full of it in the mornings - she's like a furry F1 car!

It sounds like your buns are happy and contented:)

If you get chance to watch them when it goes dark outside I am sure they will come alive! Our lot can come in or out all day if were in the house but generally spend most of the time chilling inside where its cooler, then dusk comes and the four of them are impossible to get back in :lol: They would much rather me chace them around while they binky up into my face :roll:

I wish my two would sit still! If they are free ranging they run all over the place, binky into everything and are always looking for trouble!

of course they're happy cat:D chilled and relaxed cos they're thoroughly spoiled by their mummy:)
eric has lazy days too - and completely mad days. so do i:oops:

Mint does very little during the day - sits around and just stares. As other posters have said, morning and particularly evening he comes alive.

Mine like to come out first thing or early evening.

I can forget trying to get any of them to come out from between 11.30am til 3pm - I swear they give me dirty looks if I disturb them:lol:

They are very happy bunnies. My two sleep all day and play at night. They are probably playing while you are in bed.

Back