• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oooh she's nasty!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Well i severly underestimated loppy's agression! Her lack of it on Sunday and Monday must have been due to the travel and change in housing cause, boy oh boy is she nasty! And she is just that nasty, she is very hutch agressive and food agressive. She will come up to the bars of the run or hutch though and sit there whilst you talk to her and you can stick your fingers through and tickle her but open up the run or hutch and watch out, you may loose a finger!
I think i am going to have to have a re-jig of the pens in the shed, Loppy really would benifit more from being in there where it's open and i can freely walk in and out without actually having to expose my fingers to her, at least until i have made some progress on the agression front. I just don't know who to move out of a pen, the only ones i could consider are Scarlett and Stitch, this would mean scarlett (french lop) going back into the 6x3 hutch with 6x6 run which isn't really high enough for her, plus she really enjoys her free time running around the part of the shed with no bunnies, or Max and Bootz being moved out, this could only happen until winter as Bootz suffers with snuffles and her coat is not the best over winter, this would give me some time to work with loppy though. Or i just leave her in the hutch and try to work out the agression in the hutch. As long as you don't actually touch her she's fine, you can sit next to her and put your arm in, as long as your prepared to be boxed a bit about it, but she does settle.
Hmm i think i will have to have a think about it! any ideas welcome!

Oh Phill you are brave! Can she be bonded with any of your other buns? Being with somebun thats friendly might help? Good luck

Oh Phill you are brave! Can she be bonded with any of your other buns? Being with somebun thats friendly might help? Good luck

I am currently bonding her with Arthur who lost Pan a few weeks ago but he is a very timid boy so no help on the friendly front there!

:lol::lol::lol: have you got your hands full

Theo will think this is so funny:lol: as here was me and you saying 'she isn't that bad'

:lol::lol::lol: have you got your hands full

Theo will think this is so funny:lol: as here was me and you saying 'she isn't that bad'

I know! We definatley spoke to soon! I actually think she is worse than Jamima and Bootz put together!

could you get maybe one of those fake hands that they use for dogs with food aggresion, and maybe keep petting her with the hand till she comes to accept it. lol she sounds scary :lol: hope she calms down for you.

could you get maybe one of those fake hands that they use for dogs with food aggresion, and maybe keep petting her with the hand till she comes to accept it. lol she sounds scary :lol: hope she calms down for you.

Nah i'll just use my own, i think a fake one would freak her out more! as long as i prepared to get a bit scratched i can get my hand on her and as long as i don't touch her she is willing to come to me so the situation is workable.

:love::love::love:

Calel was like that - an absolute babe - until 3 weeks in:lol: I still have no feeling in the top of my thumb!:lol:

:love::love::love:

Calel was like that - an absolute babe - until 3 weeks in:lol: I still have no feeling in the top of my thumb!:lol:

Yes i remember you thumb well angie!

I don't think she's quite that bad, but she has only been here 3 days and on Sunday i thought she was an angel LOL Not Now!

Yes i remember you thumb well angie!

I don't think she's quite that bad, but she has only been here 3 days and on Sunday i thought she was an angel LOL Not Now!

I haven't been bitten in about a year now - though I'm suited up for nail clipping - he's fine for cleaning out etc. He still runs at me with his mouth open though:shock::love:

I haven't been bitten in about a year now - though I'm suited up for nail clipping - he's fine for cleaning out etc. He still runs at me with his mouth open though:shock::love:

Bless him! Max and bootz don't even do that anymore, in fact Max has become a real sfoty and mummys boy!

Well i severly underestimated loppy's agression! Her lack of it on Sunday and Monday must have been due to the travel and change in housing cause, boy oh boy is she nasty! And she is just that nasty, she is very hutch agressive and food agressive. She will come up to the bars of the run or hutch though and sit there whilst you talk to her and you can stick your fingers through and tickle her but open up the run or hutch and watch out, you may loose a finger!
I think i am going to have to have a re-jig of the pens in the shed, Loppy really would benifit more from being in there where it's open and i can freely walk in and out without actually having to expose my fingers to her, at least until i have made some progress on the agression front. I just don't know who to move out of a pen, the only ones i could consider are Scarlett and Stitch, this would mean scarlett (french lop) going back into the 6x3 hutch with 6x6 run which isn't really high enough for her, plus she really enjoys her free time running around the part of the shed with no bunnies, or Max and Bootz being moved out, this could only happen until winter as Bootz suffers with snuffles and her coat is not the best over winter, this would give me some time to work with loppy though. Or i just leave her in the hutch and try to work out the agression in the hutch. As long as you don't actually touch her she's fine, you can sit next to her and put your arm in, as long as your prepared to be boxed a bit about it, but she does settle.
Hmm i think i will have to have a think about it! any ideas welcome!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hate to say it but I told you so!! and there you were telling me I didn't know what I was talking about and that she wasn't aggresive at all

Hate to say it but I told you so!! and there you were telling me I didn't know what I was talking about and that she wasn't aggresive at all

QUOTE]

I knew you would find it funny;):lol::lol::lol:

Well on Sunday she wasn't lmao!

I think that was due to the journey but I did say she was aggresive:lol::lol:, I am sure you will work with her and bring her round, she is gorgeous:love:

Through bars theo she is lovely, she will sit there quite happily, she will even lick you but only through mesh! Open it up and woah!

Through bars theo she is lovely, she will sit there quite happily, she will even lick you but only through mesh! Open it up and woah!

Yes, that's what we found too!, it's such a shame Phill because she is so beautiful, I am sure you will calm her down though, you know what you are doing and so it will take a bit of time but you will get there, she will probably turn into one of the frindliest bunnies you have:lol::lol:

Is she still with Arthur?

Yes, that's what we found too!, it's such a shame Phill because she is so beautiful, I am sure you will calm her down though, you know what you are doing and so it will take a bit of time but you will get there, she will probably turn into one of the frindliest bunnies you have:lol::lol:

Is she still with Arthur?

Yep her and Arthur are working it out slowely, Arthur is gaining in confidence, and is even out in the run with her when i'm about, which for Arthur is a big step, he's so timid that he normalluy hides away if i'm around but not with her, he's out and about and when i was feeding her grass yesterday arthur was sat just behind her trying to see if there would be any left for him, now that i was amazed at!

Back