• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi. Im Jenna!

MiniLopz

New Kit
Im new here. I own a crafty sable mini lop buck called Smudge!
I've had him for almost a year now. The problem is. Hes so naughty! Hez almost impossible to catch and it takes me 10-15 minutes to catch him.
How can I tame him to be a more person-friendly rabbit? :?

Hello. :wave::wave:

Do you mean you have trouble picking Smudge up if he's running free in the garden? My two don't like being caught either :roll::lol: so I got them used to the sound of the rattling food bowl and they always come running back in. :):)

Hiya! Welcome to RU! :wave:

Rattling a treat packet should work! Spend lots of time sitting on the floor with your boy, and give him treats when he hops up to you. Try not to pick him up unless it's absolutely necessary. One of mine doesn't usually like to be held, but he's still social and loves to be with me when I'm down on his level.

Thanks for the idea Karen M but hes learn t not to fall for even his favorite treats!
I think he thinks being chased is a game! :lol:
Any home-made toy ideas? ;)
Ive cut holes in a box for him and he loves running in and out of it! :p
I just need some fun and different toy ideas.

Back