• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting the water bottle.

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
Delly does this, alot. :roll:.

She gets the water out, but then gets almost frustrated with it and start to bite and pull the nozzle bit :? There are two massive water bottles on the cage, so I know she gets enough water.

does anyone elses bunnys do this?

Lola used to do it, i dont think her waterbottle let enough water out or something, so i swapped hers with cookies and she seemed to stop, so wierd, and theyre both the same waterbottle

Mable did it, but Charlie doesn't.
Scared the **** outa me the first time Mable did it though!

Lola used to do it, i dont think her waterbottle let enough water out or something, so i swapped hers with cookies and she seemed to stop, so wierd, and theyre both the same waterbottle

Yeah, Ive noticed she only does it on one bottle - but then oggie doesnt do it when he drinks out that bottle :?
How strange...

Mable did it on both water bottles - every single time she drank... ALL night long :shock:

Omg, so now im a tad paranoid.
She just drunk so quickly that I think perhaps she choked on abit of water or it went down the wrong way,,, she seems perfectly happy now though. :?.

At least Ogs dont do it :lol:

Eddison used to do that, and the noise drove me insane at night. When I switched him over to a water bowl, he seemed happy as a clam. :) At least I know he's getting all the water he can drink whenever he wants.

Bunnies are just weird! :lol:

Blue does it and I have changed his bottle several times and there fine. He dioes it loads, when he does it and the water comes out he doesnt even drink it to hes got a blooming late night game going on :roll:

Hi there,
My bun Jelly Bean did it but only once he got his dental abscesses n his incisors were bothering him he would do it whenever they needed trimming, maybe have a look at ur buns teeth just to check everything is k, which im sure it is :)

I washinking of switching them over to a bowl, but this morning proved to me why I shouldnt :lol: Delly and Ogs were having a mad five minutes in their cage and running so quickly - bumping into the sides and everything :roll: :lol:

Imagine you're thirsty and you're drinking from a glass that will only give you a trickle of water. She's just shaking it trying to get more water out :lol:

Yep our male bun did this when we tried to switch him to a bottle years ago - he got frustrated with the amount coming out. We stuck with bowls and everyone is much happier - buns are that they can drink enough, and we are knowing that they won't get dehydrated. We keep bottles hung up as back-ups but have two bowls in the hutch as well - one up and one down. I change the water several times a day anyway to keep it fresh so it doesn't matter if it gets the odd flake of litter or strand of hay in it.

Blue has a bowl aswell as a bottle as even though the others were working I was abit worried. He drinks out his bowl but still goes over and tugs at the nozzle thing on the water bottle :roll::lol:

Back