• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!! RE Ebay thread - rabbit in distress.

RubyGordy

Alpha Buck
Someone I know in Cornwall has posted on the Ebay Round Table forum re a large rabbit that's being left for days on end, next door to her, in a small hutch. I've suggested (ID whitemaremma) she call the RSPCA or post on here for advice. As usual EBay idiots are making fun - can anyone post and tell her what she can do - any RSPCA people on here live in or near ST Ives..?

Here's the thread...cheers.

http://forums.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa?threadID=1200302244&start=0

she could pop a care sheet in through the door? if its a neighbours rabbit she could pop by and offer advice if she gets along with them, rspca is another option. ring the number and they wil lrespond thought they can be poor at letting you know what they are doing it is dependant on the inspector. good luck x

I can see the rabbit in that hutch :(
Tell her to get it out :(
RSPCA need to do that though. If they don't then she has a lot of persuading to do.

I think the story is that the place is rented by a guy. The rabbit was brought over by his girlfriend and kid but they've left and the rabbit is still there. Liz says the guy doesn't attend the rabbit every day as he's not even home everyday. One time he let it out it shot off round the garden and he chased it and shoved it back in the hutch. Just seen pic of hutch - tiny. No legs. Awful. It's a large rabbit apparently.

People make me sick - I'm so angry. If I was in ST Ives I'd go and get it myself.

couldnt she ask the man nicely if he still wants it as she has a friend who is looking for a rabbit? then she could take it and then take it to her local rescue/RSPCA?

Can't say what she can or can't do really - I only know Liz via an online group we both used to be members of. She's a pensioner and has no car, so not easy. I don't think she wants to upset the bloke as there are only two of them who can see in his garden. But if he's hardly ever there???

If it were me I'd probably slam the hutch over his head. :shock:

Can't say what she can or can't do really - I only know Liz via an online group we both used to be members of. She's a pensioner and has no car, so not easy. I don't think she wants to upset the bloke as there are only two of them who can see in his garden. But if he's hardly ever there???

If it were me I'd probably slam the hutch over his head. :shock:

You need to contact the RSPCA helpline and report it I would think and leave it up to them to deal with - sounds like a welfare case and anyone intervening will probably need the law behind them - I would personally make a call to the RSPCA asap.

i would suggest 2 things ,1. call rspca or 2. ask the gentleman gently if it woud be possible too have the rabbit or to find it a better home as it obviously seems to be in his way and it cant be much of a life stuck in a hutch... she doesnt have to do it in person can do it by letter through door with her contact details if she prefers. x

i live in st ives cornwall, but is it st ives cambridge that you mean? if its in cornwall i'll do anything and everythin i can to help? st ives is only a very small town so i might know the people?

im sitting here worrying now! i'm very happy to right this minute go round there and ask if he'll give me the rabbit.... i've got room here

oh i desperatly want to go round to where ever it is right now! i've emailed the lady on ebay and posted on the thread, i hope she gets back to me soon and feeling real anxious! i really want to get this rabbit,
Knowing my luck its probably st ives up country and i've of got this worked up for nothing!

ok, well after some investigating it turns out the person is my old employer and family friends aunt, so i've spoken to her, and i'm going round to hers in about 40mins and then im gonna pop next door and just say, i hope you dont mind but i was visiting next door and spotted your rabbit, and just point out that it should be kept like that in a nice way, and if they'll hand it over to me? And then if they so no, i'll polietly point out that they could be prosecuted and be given a prison sentance/huge fine and that if they dont give it to me now i'll be back tomorrow with the rspca (there not to know how rspca calls out generally happen are they?)
what does every one think? i know its risky to do this, but i'm tkaing my oh who is a power lifter so i am fine if they do kick off not that i shall expect 30 +year olds to kick off any advice needed asap please!

then im gonna pop next door and just say, i hope you dont mind but i was visiting next door and spotted your rabbit, and just point out that it should be kept like that in a nice way, and if they'll hand it over to me? And then if they so no, i'll polietly point out that they could be prosecuted

I'd stop at this point - don't threaten them with prosecution as it may not be possible to follow up, and they might decide to take an alternative route to get rid of their problem bunny.

If the person seems open to help, suggest rescues - do you know what is the nearest so you can tell him? He may be prepared to hand it over, but unless you're planning on taking on the bun yourself, it's probably better if it's handed in straight to a rescue in case there's any paperwork they can do to avoid later claims for the bun etc.

Good luck!

well i'm more than happy to take the bun on myself, hopefully it'll be a boy and can be bonded with my other bun eventually, even ifs a girl i may attempt it as there are some succesfull bonding of girlies, i've got more than enough room for them to be here untill spaded etc i jsut really want to get him out of there....
Can i not even point out that animal neglect cases SOMETIMES end is prosecution?

Right oh is gonna be here any minute, i'm really nervous and need to calm down a little! i'm gonna take my carrier and lets just hope its not a giant giant bun or she/he wont fit! obviously gonna leave it in the car while i talk to them!

wish me look i'm just going to be nicey nicey and hope that they will jsut let me have it cross your fingers for me and this poor poor rabbit!

oh, i've also taken photos of my buns indoor and outdoor set up on my phone so they can see.....is that a good idea?

he didn't give me the rabbit :( infact he was darn nasty and wouldnt even talk to me....i also live in a very small town and know who it was which is no doubt gonna cause endless problems for me :(

oh and its a dwarf lop....kept in something actually smaller than the small cheap guinea pig hutch that pets at home do :(

Back