• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to you littertrain bunnies?

bunny foo foo

Alpha Buck
Milly goes pee and poo whenever and wherever she feels the need to. It's like she's un-pottytrainable. (What a word..) How do you potty train a rabbit like this? :?

I was lucky - my boy just trained himself.

If you get the litter tray and put some poos in when she does them, then she might start to realise the smell and go there.

Milly goes pee and poo whenever and wherever she feels the need to. It's like she's un-pottytrainable. (What a word..) How do you potty train a rabbit like this? :?

I dunno if it was luck with me,but i found it quite easy with both of mine, they even better since been neautered too...

i got a litter tray, got my older one a cat litter tray..put hay in..waited for them to deicded where they were gonna do they business a such, then i scooped they poops and wet saw dust up and placed it in they litter tray after a few days they both seem to realise the tray is the place for toilet habits:D

I used wood pellet litter from PAH. I think that some cat litters can be dangerous for buns

If theres a certain bit where he poo's and wee's put the litter tray there.
I just use woodshavings and then hay on the top - loads and loads of hay as they love it!

You can use special pellet things, but my two didnt like that :)

I have the pink and blue cat litter tray from P@h. :wave:

One of mine hated the wood litter from pets@home..i came home to find the litter tray upside down stuff everywhere.. i tried again and well tempers flared ad it was upside down again..so i stopped using it..plus it can be expensive as i clean my litter trays every 2 days as one of my rabbits poops for england lol

Back