• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fur changing colour ?

sarahjayne

Young Bun
Sooty was born on xmas eve so hes just over 6 months old...he is black..white dot on the top of his head and white paws..over the last months he seems to be getting the odd white hair on his body, but today during our daily cuddle i noticed the fur round his mouth and nose seems a tint of brown... is it possible his fur maybe changing colour ??

Thought i add a photo from when i first got him he was only 8 weeks old:D

n656106479_2533124_3513.jpg

Lots of buns change colour slightly, as MissySj says it's the sunshine! My blue buns turn a sort of yellowy colour on top where the sun hits them.

Black/grey buns often get a coppery 'sun tan' in the summer months :lol: Smudgie has one at the moment making him look more brown than black but he's already moulting and his original black fur is showing through again ;)

Charlie is a month or so older than your bun. He is also black but I have noticed there are coppery flecks in his coat of late. Its a very pretty colour ..... wouldn't tell him that though as he is my "handsome boy" :love:

Hugs
Beckie X

Back